|Hello ~ |
If this newsletter doesn't display in its colorful formatting, you can view it on the Web at www.artellawordsandart.com/ARTELLAGRAM-8-16-06.html.
Did someone forward this Artellagram to you? Sign up at the bottom of this page!
The Universe's A.T.M. Machine
In the conversations that I've had with Artella folks through the years, and in surveys I've taken about what creative folks want most in the lives, it seems there are three themes that run consistently through people's desires like rivers in the rain: people want to have more creativity, more money, and more time.
I believe that the universe is a big A.T.M. machine, ripe and ready for our transactions. This "Universal A.T.M." stands for Art, Time, and Money. It comes with a few instructions. I'm highlighting three of them here:
- When we put something in, we get something out.
I believe that the cycle of giving and receiving describes the physics of a fulfilling life. In order to give to others, we must first give to ourselves, freely and generously; otherwise our outward acts of giving are not as pure as they might be. What we tend to forget is that there are SO MANY ways to give and receive! We can give to ourselves by expressing our passions, by cultivating high levels of gratitude, and by experiencing ourselves as who we truly are.
From there, we can make tangible contributions to others in physical, tangible, and EASY ways. This is where the "ATM" gets really fun to play with, as we can see time and time again the cyclical nature of "in" and "out."
- Negative thinking "costs" us something. If you put a bank card in a machine that is sponsored by a different bank, you usually have a fee withdrawn. Think about times when your thinking about something (the "in") didn't match up with what you really desired (the desired "out"). Have you ever had the sense that you are sabotaging yourself with negative thinking?
The bottom line is that negative thinking COSTS US, in terms of taking us backwards in our desired velocity of moving TOWARD what we want. For example, does it cost more to worry about money or not worry about money? What kinds of "bank fees" are we being charged that hold us back?
It's important to note that if we think negatively, we don't "doom" ourselves...we can STILL get the good stuff coming to us. But our wishes are coming to us more slowly because of all the fees being withdrawn!
- Tapping into the true nature of who we are is the ultimate convenience. When we are feeling at peace, worries about creativity, money, and time don't bother us. The great news is that just like a bank ATM, we can access our true nature ANYTIME, anywhere. At your nearest grocery store, on the street corner...anywhere you please! It's just a matter of knowing what works for YOU to get you there. It's different for everyone, but whatever gets you to your true nature quickest...that's your ATM password!
We've just launched re-launched The NEW Wealthcare Program™, with all new features and improvements, which you can read about in the news below. If you're looking for ways to use art and writing to help you expand your experience of The Universal A.T.M., this is the perfect playground for learning, exploring, and experimentation. I hope you'll take a look.
Here's something that's great fun: designing your own money, as an art project. This is a great art exercise to let your imagination wander far and wide. Don't let anything stop you. Make it any shape and size, and format. What kind of money would you like to trade? What kind of money would you like to share? What kind of currency would make the world a happier place?
You can also play around with altering existing money. The image shown here, for example, shows altered foreign coins (beautiful foreign coins are available in Artella's Art Supply General Store.)
There are several Web sites for groups who actually trade "art money", sometimes using it to purchase physical goods. The Bank of International Art Money is perhaps the most well-known, but there are others, as well. Look up "art money" in a search engine to explore them.
Click the photo to check out more altered coins!
Here are seven different "money" subjects:
Pick one of the above subjects, and use it as the title, theme, central point, or climax of a piece of writing. Let your imagination build on the subject. Explore some of the following questions:
- Three pennies
- A lone $5.00 bill
- Six thousand dollars
- A million jillion trillionteen dollars
Then, at the same sitting or at a later time, pick another of the money subjects, and do the same thing. Watch how the amount of money colors your writing. Can you learn something from this?
- How could I (or my invented character) get this amount of money?
- What could I (or my invented character) do with this amount of money?
- What does this amount of money represent to me (or to my invented character)?
- What would losing this amount of money mean to me (or to my invented character)?
If you find this "money subject" exercise to be helpful, try coming up with your own money subjects, and repeating the exercise.
Now it's easier than ever to get Artella news in the Artella News Blog. And what's more...with almost every post, there's a BlogJog "sneaky" Special hidden in the post, which is a sale or freebie that's listed exclusively in the blog, and only for a few days. Go check out what's 20% off in the BlogJog special right now!.
- Hungry for a Yummier Life? Get fed TONIGHT! It's not too late to join me and the amazing Jill Badonsky for "I'll Have My Cake and Eat TWO!: How to Make Up Your Own Rules and Live a Yummier Life" TONIGHT! This is a delicious and daring teleclass that's all about re-writing and re-patterning the grown-up rules that are holding you back from living a life that is more fulfilling, fantastic and fun; daring, delightful, and delicious. For information, visit "I'll Have My Cake and Eat TWO!", visit this link so you can sign up and get the bridge number for tonight's call, as well as the paper dolls you need to print and cut out for the art and writing activity. Artella Members get a special discount to this class, as they do on ALL of our workshops and e-courses, so if you've been thinking about becoming a Member, now is a great time to do it!
Also note that all seven of the classes in Jill's and my series of teleclasses are now available as downloadable recordings! Check them out, here!
- Brand new eBook on Paper Doll Art! And speaking of paper dolls, we've just released a brand new eBook of art techniques called Paper Doll ABCs: Paper Doll Ideas, Inventions and Techniques for Artists! Starting with "A is for Altered", this eBook takes you through the alphabet, giving you more techniques and how-to's for creating innovative paper dolls for your art than you can imagine! Just take a look at the mind-blowingingly playful table of contents at the link above to get a sense of what this fun, inspiring how-to eBook is all about! These beautiful dolls are absolutely giddy to be on the shelves of Artella's eBookstore....and they'd love to inspire YOU!
- Drumroll Please....Introducing NEW Artellabets! Because Artella is never one to "go by the letter", our latest addition to the Art Supply General Store is something totally different! We proudly introduce Artellabets, a brand new line of themed alphabets delivered as downloadable files that you can use in digital art, or cut out to use in any paper art or craft project! Our first series is a set of four different Paper Doll Artellabets that are perfect for all kinds of art projects! Buy them individually, or take advantage of a variety of different combo packs, including a limited introductory special: buy the Paper Doll ABCs eBook and save 50% on ANY Artellabet of your choice! Get details on this super special here!
- And even MORE news! Artella's Newest Program to Inspire Creative Souls is Here! Artella's Wealthcare™ Program is back and it's better than ever! The NEW Wealthcare™ Program: Radical Reform for Right Livelihood of Creative Spirits combines our four e-courses related to prosperity and spiritual abundance and presents them in a way that is ideal for artists and creative souls! The NEW Wealthcare™ Program features include:
- Four 30-day self-study e-courses -- Includes "Accounting Your Blessings", "Miracle Soup", "Creative ManiFestival", and "The Gratitude Garland". On their own, these courses are life-changing. When you put them together…watch out!
- Flexible order, timing, and structure -- The structure of the Wealthcare™ Program has been created with YOUR flexibility in mind. You are completely in charge of the order and timing in which you receive the four courses, so you can work them into your life in a way that is convenient, supportive, and inspiring to you!
- Drop-dead gorgeous lessons! -- Another Wealthcare™ "luxury" is the physical presentation of the lessons. Our research has shown that one thing that makes artists feel abundant and inspired is visual beauty. When you purchase the courses individually, the lessons arrive in text-only messages. However, the brand new Wealthcare™ version of all four courses presents the lessons in a gorgeous, lush format that will inspire you on a very deep level! For artists and those of us who are visually-oriented, this is especially helpful in allowing the lessons to "sink in"! Take a look at a sample lesson, here!
- Hours of audio lessons -- Are you an aural learner? I have personally created audio recordings of every single lesson from all four e-courses so that you can listen to all the lessons! Now you can do your "Wealthcare work" while you're folding the laundry…or simply allow the dynamic audios to help the material sink in on a deeper level. Again, these audios are not available with the courses when purchased individually; it's a Wealthcare™ exclusive!
- 16 Enriched audio meditations -- And because Wealthcare™ is all about abundance, in addition to all of these new additions, we've added one more new exciting feature. For 16 full weeks, you receive an inspiring MP3 audio meditation every Friday, so that you can spend some quiet time over the weekend with Wealthcare Wisdom™. The meditations combine music and my own creative guidance, and are designed to bring greater meaning, depth, and connection to your work with the Program. You can keep these meditations permanently, and even listen to them on your iPod, or burn them on CD. Another offer exclusive to the New Wealthcare™ Program.
For more information, and to learn about how you can save $30 or more on the New Wealthcare™ Program, go to http://www.artellawordsandart.com/workshops.html#Wealthcare
And note that there's a convenient plan payment, too!
And, to celebrate this new launch, we're giving away 20 Gratitude Gift packages on a first-come, first-serve basis:
- The first 5 people receive a handmade Feng Shui Prosperity envelope, a quarter-pound of world coins, and our What Wings Are Made Of Audio-Visual eBook
- The next 5 people receive a quarter-pound of world coins and our What Wings Are Made Of Audio-Visual eBook eBook
- The next 10 people receive our What Wings Are Made Of Audio-Visual eBook
Enroll in the NEW Wealthcare™Program at http://www.artellawordsandart.com/workshops.html#Wealthcare.
- Calling all poets! We're extending the deadline for our next Poetic Idol Competition deadline to September 15! This is our popular competition where we award prize packages, including $150, and much more. Get all the details at The Poetry Portal. And while you're there, remember to sign up for the Passion Poetry newsletter!
- We want your self portrait! The deadline for the September TWIST is September 1st, 2006! This TWIST Challenge is a Self-Portrait ATC (Artist Trading Card) and we really want YOURS! So be sure to take a look at the easy guidelines on this page.
- Going on vacation? Wish you were going on vacation?! The Vacation Shoppe is open through the end of August in The Shoppes of Artella! Get ready for vacation with all our great vacation goodies in The Vacation Shoppe. And don't forget to use our interactive SmartShopper for anything you're shopping for, any time.
This Quotz Crystal is a high-resolution JPEG, suitable for printing. Print it out to remind you of the abundance that is all around you!
If the image doesn't show up below, go to http://www.artellaland.com/quotz7.jpg to see it.
just one of the Universe's paper dolls,
Artella Founder & Publisher
|Forward the Artellagram, Get a Gift! Do you know someone who would enjoy the Artellagram? Please welcome them to Artella by forwarding them this issue, or direct them to www.ArtellaWordsAndArt.com/artellagram.html, where they can sign up! Then go collect a PRIZE by following the directions in number 25 at www.artellawordsandart.com/free.html!|
Keep It Coming! To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Artellgram@artellawordsandart.com. If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery.