|Hello ~ |
If this newsletter doesn't display in its colorful formatting, you can view it on the Web at www.artellawordsandart.com/ARTELLAGRAM-3-29-06.html.
5 Simple Ways to Feel Colorful, Creative, and Connected
How to Get Out of a Bad Mood
While Making Someone's Day
In order for our culture to reach a new kind of respect for the arts (and artists), it is crucial that creative people let themselves be seen and heard in a new way, in new numbers. But just as crucial as creative people actually taking the risks is our own affirmation to one another for taking them. We can provide positive feedback and kudos to other creative folks who are daringly spreading their wings and that can set wonderful energy in motion the rest of the world.
Now that Artella has blossomed into a creative community itself, there are things that we can do to support one another right here in this community. A few examples follow, and of course, you can take these examples and use them outside of Artella as well!
For example, here are some things you can do right here in Artella:
Taking the time to tell creative friends AND strangers that they are making a difference by the risks they are taking has another great benefit.
- As you look through issues of Artella and e-Artella magazine, read the contributors' bios and visit their Web sites. Send the contributors emails to tell them how much you enjoyed their work. Leave comments on their blogs. Forward their links to people who would like them.
- If you receive the LinkLatte emails as an Artella Member, when you visit the recommended Web sites, take time to send an email to the owner of the sites that are particularly meaningful to you. People can never get too many emails with positive feedback – that is important fuel for good work!
- Browse The Shoppes of Artella and click on the links that go to the sellers' home pages. When you see someone's work you like, drop them a note to tell them so. Compliments are usually just as welcome as sales (and they don't cost you a thing!) And just in case you just happen to see something you might want to buy at a later date, write it down so you don't forget.
- If you attend a teleclass with somebody and they say something that touched you, send them an email to let them know.
- Visit our Contact Us page and send a note to the "behind the scenes" folks to say thanks.
It takes YOU feel great. Trust me. If you are in a bad mood, I defy you to take 10 minutes and go through an Artella issue and write emails to your favorite contributors and try to STAY in a bad mood. It's impossible
So tell creative folks they're touching you, that they're making a difference.
You will make a difference by saying so.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~We've created a couple of new opportunities that make it easy to make a difference by sharing art and creativity: The "Share The Journey" 2-for-1 Promotion, and our brand new Share-A-Book Program, which is now included free with every single eBook purchase. Read about both of these in the Artellagram News section, below.
It's Spring Cleaning time! We all know that the best part of spring cleaning is re-decorating, right? Why not save yourself the trouble and decorate on paper! Start an art journal in which each page depicts a room in the house of your dreams. Be as literal or abstract as you want – this is your dream house, after all.
Not only is this a fun art exercise, it's also a powerful way to set into motion some major manifesting in real life, too! The photo above shows a collage I made for my dream writing space, next to the space that I created for myself shortly thereafter. See the image in full size, here.
When creating characters, writing both about their actual home and their secret dream home can bring in wonderful information to make the character real and vivid. Experiment with writing some character sketches about people and where they live and where they wish they lived. Open magazines or look at people in public and write fictional stories about them. Look at a home from the outside and imagine what it might look like inside, in great detail. Imagine who might live there, and where else do they wish they lived? How about yourself? What's your dream house like? What if you could live in a dream house with characters from a favorite novel; what would that be like? Play with the idea of homes and dream homes to make your writing establish a strong sense of place, and your characters gather full breadth of personality.
Now it's easier than ever to get Artella news at least once a week, sometimes more, in the Artella News Blog. And what's more…with almost every post, there's a BlogJog "sneaky" Special hidden in the post, which is a sale or freebie that's listed exclusively in the blog, and only for a few days. Look what surprise is there, right now!
- "Share The Journey" 2-for-1 Promotion!! It's unanimous that our latest print issue, "THE JOURNEY: Destination & Imagination" is our most inspiring and unique issue, ever…take a look at sample comments from happy readers, here! If you've not yet seen this issue, it's now on a two-for-one sale! That's right…
The "Share The Journey" 2-for-1 Promotion is for one week only. There are no purchase limits – buy as many as you like, and we'll double it! All magazines must be sent to the same address. Get your free issues atwww.ArtellaWordsandArt.com/2for1.html.
- If you don't have a copy yet, you can now buy one for yourself AND get a second copy free that you can share with a friend!
- If you do already have a copy, now you can buy two for the price of one to give two extraordinary gifts to two special friends for half the cost!
- Does God Play Dress-Up? NEW Teleclass! The newest in the "Children's Menu" Sub-Kid-Tion Series of Teleclasses that I'm presenting with author/creativity coach Jill Badonsky has been announced! It's called "Does God Play Dress-Up?", and it takes place on Wednesday, April 19. Spend a full hour in this creative class with Jill and me, working and playing to reignite a kid-like creative spark and redefine your current sense of spirituality in the grown-up world. For more information about this workshop, visit www.ArtellaWordsAndArt.com/ecourse.html#god. And for information about our full Sub-Kid-Tion series of 10 Teleclasses, visit this page. (Missed a class? You can now get downloadable recordings of our classes, too! Check out the above links so you don't miss any of the Jilly~con~Marney fun!)
- Want creative people to know more about YOU? If you'd like to affordably market a product or service in our next e-Artella issue, or on our Web site, just send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. (Loyal readers, don't worry, print issues of Artella will continue to always be 100% zero advertising.)
- Introducing our NEW Share-a-Book-Program! We're introducing an exciting new addition to our eBookstore! Now, with every eBook purchase you make in the Artella eBookstore, you are given license to share the eBook with up to 4 friends at no additional cost with our new Share-A-Book Program! The price of all our eBooks is remaining the same, so you can give these books as gifts with a clear conscience and a generous heart! Whenever you'd like to "Share-a-Book", you simply fill out a form giving us your order number and the people's names and emails to whom you'd like to give the eBook, and we send them the download information and a note, announcing the book as a gift from you! It's that simple! And again, even with the addition of this new program, our eBook prices remain the same. May the sharing begin! Check out our latest titles at www.artellawordsandart.com/shoppes_books.html.
- Marney's FREE Teleclass on Starting a Web Site If you've ever wanted to build a Web site like Artella's, my free teleclass, called "Make YOUR Creative Web Site Fly", will tell you exactly how I did it. I use a fantastic Web service for all aspects of Artella called SiteBuildIt (SBI) and in this free seminar on Thursday, April 13, I'll walk you through SBI and tell you my secrets for customizing it for Artella. SBI has been Artella's "secret weapon" (click here to read a case study about Artella on the SBI web site), and if you're looking to start a new Web site, or expand the one you have, this class will tell you more. Participants who attend the class will go through an interactive process of planning their own Web business, using a free mini-workbook that is included with enrollment. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions. Space for this free seminar is very limited, so sign for "Make YOUR Creative Web Site Fly" at www.artellawordsandart.com/ecourse.html#site.
- New Upgrades in Artella Memberships! If you haven't looked into Artella Membership in a while, maybe you should! There's a brand new weekly "Memo from the Mansion" newsletter, the new AdCouragements™ series, and the Mansion is now full of so many interesting, inspiring archives! Over 400 amazing clip art images! Almost 100 archived audio presentations! Almost 100 PoemPaintings to inspire! Reading Room articles, Games, our famed daily LinkLatte™ newsletter (which so many of you have told us is the BEST part of your day!), exclusive eCards, teleclass recordings, and so much more! The best part is that it's only $3.00 a month, with no commitment, ever. Find out more and sign up at www.ArtellaWordsAndArt.com/members.html.
- We've got your Mother's Day Gifts! Our current specialty shoppe in The Shoppes of Artella is The Spring Shoppe, which has a special page devoted to Mother's Day Gifts. New items are added to these pages daily, so be sure to keep checking!
- There are only a couple more days to grab Jennifer Louden's Inner Organizer at the 20% discount price that she's offered Artellagram readers! Before the end of March, go to http://www.comfortqueen.com/innerorg.html and use the code: MAR06MM. And while you're there, be sure to sign up for her wonderful Self Care Minder e-zine (one of my absolute faves!) and take a look throughout the Web site for her latest retreats and gatherings!
- Leave it to BenevolentPlanet.com to come up with an antidote to society's collective sleeping sickness! Throw back the covers. Raise the blinds. The next session of Conscious Cornflakes, a 4-week Purposeful Practice that provides real-world tools for tuning out the hypnotic buzz and tuning into your life's more authentic promise, begins April 24th. Conscious Cornflakes provides everything you need to make a daily difference, taking small doable steps to wake up and connect. I'm signing up for the April session – are you? If you DO sign up for the April session of Conscious Cornflakes, forward your receipt from Benevolent Planet to me at Editor@ArtellaWordsAndArt.com to tell me that we'll be session-mates. To thank you for taking Conscious Cornflakes alongside with me, I'll personally send you some inspiring "fortified vitamins" (aka some inspiring artsy goodness) to go along with your cornflakes. :-)
This Quotz Crystal is a high-resolution JPEG, suitable for printing. Print it out to remind you to BEGIN something new!
If the image doesn't show up below, go to http://www.artellaland.com/quotz2.jpg to see it.
~Sending unity and community,
Artella Founder & Publisher
Keep It Coming! To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Artellgram@artellawordsandart.com. If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery.
Forward the Artellagram, Get a Gift! Do you know someone who would enjoy the Artellagram? Please welcome them to Artella by forwarding them this issue, or direct them to www.ArtellaWordsAndArt.com/artellagram.html, where they can sign up! Then go collect a PRIZE by following the directions in number 25 at www.artellawordsandart.com/free.html!