Keep It Coming!
To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create
a contact in your email address book for
. If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block
If this message doesn't display in its delightfully
colorful formatting, you can view it on the Web at www.artellawordsandart.com/ARTELLAGRAM-9-17-11.html.
I've been on one cruise in my life, on my honeymoon in 2000. It was the most fun that I'd ever had on a vacation, I think because the element of surprise and adventure was present and perpetual.
Just recently, it occurred to me that the cruise experience is much like an optimal creative experience. Here are a few ways we might learn to apply cruise-going to our own creativity:
4 Things Your Muse Can Learn From a Cruise
- Luxury is in the little things – On a cruise, you find "luxury" in funny places. It's not just about the fancy dining halls, it's also about those funny little towel-igami animals the stewards place in your cabin. Think about little ways that you can add luxury to your creative experience; a nice new marker, some fancy glitter, a pencil that glides across your sketchpad just right.
- Peek out a portal – When you're at sea, even the smallest porthole can provide breathtaking inspiration, with its view to the oceanic landscape. When we're creating, not only do they provide beautiful natural light, but metaphorically they remind us of the world outside ourselves. We can gaze out a window to take in, literally, the nature of life, allowing our artwork to become all the more rich.
- Available and All-inclusive – Of course, one of the most fun parts about a cruise is that they have all your basics covered, so you can easily get anything you need, and most things are included in your base price. Think about you might incorporate the "available and all-inclusive" approach when you create. Grab a pile of art supplies and imagine you are out at sea, and this is what you have to work with. In other words, challenge yourself to only incorporate what is available and all-inclusive into your art. It opens up new creativity freedom, when we resist the urge to think, "If only I had…"
- Try something new – When I first saw the lineup of daily activities on board, I instantly realized that it was not possible to do it all. As a "I-want-do-it-all" kind of person, this instantly let me off the hook and gave me more freedom to pick and choose, especially to pick things I would normally never do in my "real" life. Try some art-making sessions where you do something you'd never do in your "real" art. Or, if you're a writer, try writing something you'd never, ever really write. It's pretty wild to see what can come floating back to you!
To have even more fun with these ideas, you could try the Creativity Tip below, and design your own Cruise Cabin where your creativity can come alive!
The Artella Membership program began in 2004, and in 2008 we renovated it completely, and the metaphor of a Creativity Cruise encapsulated exactly what we wanted our memberships to be: an inspiring portal for exciting, cozy getaways for creative adventures, anytime and anywhere.
Thus, the Artella Member Ship was born, featuring a line of "Creativity Cabins" for everyone. Years later, our Ship still is sailing strong, and for just a few more days, we're offering the best deal on Membership that we've had all year. Keep reading to learn more about the "Back to Cruise" Member Ship Special below.
For those short on time, to simplify this week's
Artellagram, here are some ”quick links” to
the highlights in this edition. You can simply follow
the links that you're interested in and go directly to
1. Last Three Days for Artella's "Back to Cruise" 40% Off Member Ship Sale…Plus an eGift Card Up to $75! Come aboard the Artella Membership for 40% off your choice of any Artella Membership! You'll have your choice of a six-month or full-year Luxury Gift Membership to any one of Artella's Luxury Cabin Memberships, all of which come with new amazing goodies every month!
Plus we've added an extra bonus: when you order any membership at 40% off, you ALSO immediately receive an Artella eGift Card up to $75!
Here are some words from happy Member Ship Cruisers:
"I am LOVING my COMPLETE PASS to all of the Member cabins! Yay!!! The Artella Land Complete Pass is awesome! I love the magazines and art kits in each cabin... I don't even know where to start! The Blissness Cabin has me very excited for all I'm learning there...the Art Journaling Cabin and its goodies, along with the Digital Art Cabin and the Studio cabin... I really could spend all day here!! Thanks so much, Marney, for these wonderful new additions!" - Pam Tucker
"I am so glad that Marney's wise wisdom for creative entrepreneurs is back and better than ever with the Blissness Membership. I am LOVING it...it's so creative and informative! I even decided to sign up for the Complete Access Pass because the price was just too generous to pass up. Now I can't wait to dive into all these amazing, inspiring treats to fuel me. Nowhere else but Artella could you get this kind of quality, this kind of creative oxygen, at such a great price!" - Tara Douglas-Smith
"I'm so excited! I got my first Kit for being a member of the new Luxury Digital Art Membership. There are Photoshop brushes, beautiful overlays with instructions on how to use them, and clipart... If you've ever wanted to learn digital art, this is the easy way to do it. " - William Charlebois
"I just had to respond to the incredible gifts I just found when visiting my new Luxury Art Journaling Cabin. I can't believe how rich and beautiful everything is, from the idea-and-inspiration-packed magazine to the great questions and images in the prompt pages. I wasn't sure if this was the right cabin for me, but now I am SO happy I chose it. I'm excited to get started! I am SO impressed, excited and grateful for all of this, and I take my hat off to you and to all of the great creators who have put this together. It is an incredible value in every way." - Kate Chadbourne
"The Studio Kits are ingenious! WOW! Where else on earth but Artella could we find hours, days, and weeks of inspiration, and what feels like a lottery's worth of art supplies for such a low price? You've taken care of all my image and paper-hunting so now I can just focus on MAKING art. As always, Artella serves artists in the coolest ways." - Austen Waters
The "Back to Cruise" Special is the best offer we have made this year on membership, so if you want to save up to 40% during the coming 6 months or 1 year, this is the time to do it. This is also a great opportunity for current members to upgrade your Artella membership at 40% off.
To take advantage of our "Back to Cruise" 40%-Off Member Ship Special, simply go to this page to order. Happy sailing!
2. Inspiration for Creatives with Tough Inner Critics - Ready to stop being hard on yourself? I am happy to recommend a great resource for creatives with tough inner critics. It takes place on Saturday, September 24 and it's called: Inner Mean Girl Reform School: How to transform the critical voice in your head so you can stop being so hard on yourself, enjoy your life & feel truly successful. Two great inspirational teachers and master coaches, Amy Ahlers and Christine Arylo, have figured out how to transform self-critical self-talk into self-empowering self-love talk. Click here for all the details.
3. September's Free ARTbundance™ Goodies! Here is a whole bundle of new inspiring freebies for you:
- NEW ARTbundance™ Community Events for September! We've recently posted five new free teleclasses that are part of the ARTbundance™ Community Events Series in September, all presented by our talented ARTbundance™ Practitioners in training. See the descriptions of the new events and sign up here!
- Get a Free ARTbundance™ Coaching Session! We're also once again accepting volunteer clients to work with our talented Coaches-in-training in the newest group of trainees in Artella's ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program. ARTbundance™ Coaching Session! You can get all the exciting details and sign up for your complimentary session, here!
- Get your free copy of the "Live Your ARTobiography" teleclass! This was such a fun teleclass, and we were all so inspired by my guest, Brian Andreas of Storypeople fame. If you missed it, you can download a free recording, here.
the ARTfiliate Program! Join Artella's generous ARTfiliate
Program and enjoy all the new
affiliate tools that we've recently added! You
can get more info by clicking here.
Interested in Becoming Part of Artella's Team? We
are expanding our team for all the exciting things we're
working on this year, so if you're interested in becoming
part of the Artella Team, check out this
page for details.
For today's "In the Studio" Interview, I'm delighted to present Certified ARTbundance™ Coach and Practitioner, Sande Roberts. Sande has a natural knack for using the joys and gifts in life to their best capacity, and helping others learn how to do the same. I knew her interview would be a natural tie-in to the subject in this Artellagram.
Enjoy getting to know Sande!
Artella: What led you to become a Certified ARTbundance™ Coach/Practitioner?
Sande: Tracking backwards to the mid 1970’s, I’ve been a successful coach and consultant; a behavioral health counselor and subject matter expert in crisis prevention and intervention, (especially teen suicide); the founder of a small non-profit; and the creator of a manufacturing company providing art based giftware products for major retail department stores.
My primary consulting work industry for the past nine years (city government) took a massive hit in the spiraling economy and contracts came to a screeching halt, so I had to find a new path. I first became familiar with Marney and ARTbundance through SARK’s Dream Boogie program in the fall of 2010. The Principles resonated with me immediately and I wanted to know more. I was fascinated by the aspect of an art based coaching program being facilitated in a teleclass setting. The training unlocked, unleashed and catapulted my creativity.
can read the rest of Sande's interview, here
The Fall 2011 session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program (ACT) is now in session. If you would like to be notified when the next session is announced, simply fill out this form.
Back in 2008, I had so much fun designing these animated "Cabins" for Artella's Member Ship Creativity Cruise. I found some royalty-free photos of cruise cabins and then altered them digitally, doing things like changing the colors and adding fun enhancement to make each cabin look "artsy".
In my dream vision of the Artella Member Ship, all the Cabins would be magically alive with art. So I used Photoshop's ImageReady program to add the animation, and of course that is when the fun began: flowers bloom, e-magazines expand, art supplies multiply, and the little characters (named "Art" and "Ella", of course) jump on the beds!
I must admit that designing these Cabins was one of my favorite digital art projects ever. I remember my face hurting from so much smiling as I was designing these little digital playspaces. There are lots of different kinds of art, but sore-cheeks art might be my favorite kind.
So, why not give it a try yourself? Whether you're using digital or traditional art supplies, you can have fun designing your own creativity cruise cabin. Just imagine that you had a comfy hideout, away from it all, where you truly felt like your creativity was in the lap of luxury. What might that space look like?
Once you have your image in your mind, draw, sketch, or collage it. Remember, nobody ever needs to see this but you, so feel free to make it wild, crazy and even a bit outlandish.
Then, think about how you might make it MORE magical, more alive with art? What could you add to this image to really feel like you are in a happy, free place…in other words, to make you want to jump on the bed like little Art and Ella? :-)
Keep playing until your cheeks are hurting, too!
This Quotz Crystal is a high-resolution jpeg image, suitable for printing. I invite you to print it out as a reminder that your creativity longs to go on a new adventure!
Artella Founder, Mango Lover, Hula Dancer
Artella Land ~ the creative isles of words, art, and
Artella 9090 Skillman #182A-116 Dallas TX