Keep It Coming! To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Artellagram@artellawordsandart.com . If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery.
| Note: If this message doesn't display in its delightfully colorful formatting, you can view it on the Web at www.artellawordsandart.com/ARTELLAGRAM-7-30-11.html. |
Have you had several of the light bulbs in your home seem to go out around the same time? I always find it curious, given that the electricity use seems to vary from room to room, but nevertheless, our light bulbs seem to be in cahoots to burn out together. I've noticed that our internal electric source seems to work the same way. When our creativity fizzles out, it affects all areas of our life: general mood, productivity, relationships, focus and attention, quality of rest and sleep…the list goes on! On the other hand, when our creative spark is renewed, that seems to magically "turn on" all other areas in our life, too.
A "creative spark" needn't be anything fancy, it's simply the state of activated creativity, and it goes far beyond the physical acts of making art or writing a story. After all, I have heard creative folks say that they are perfectly happy and fulfilled when they are creating in the studio...it's the other hours in the day that are hard, when they wonder, "How can creative people thrive in a world that can often feel not particularly conducive to creativity?”
I believe that it all starts from activating that spark within. When we consciously plug into the things that light us up, the whole world around us lights up. The positive ripples and reverberations are endless. Connecting to your creative spark may be the very best thing you can do for your personal health and happiness, as well as the quality of your relationships and meaningful endeavors.
Just for today, I invite you to consciously see the world around you as if you were seeing all of its beauties for the first time. What if you saw the strange map-like design on a tree's bark, or the deep color of a mud puddle, or the juicy taste of an apple, or your own face in the mirror, as if you had never experienced it before? Give yourself the gift of having this brand-new view of the world, and you could be amazed at what you suddenly can ‘see’ that was actually there in front of you all along!
Light your spark by adding creativity to everyday, mundane tasks. While you're cleaning the kitchen, re-write lyrics to any song, creating your own clever parody. When you're waiting in line, watch people and pretend that they are the stars in a screenplay you're writing. Later, you can make a fictional movie poster about the event in your art journal.
Creativity truly is a renewable resource...so we can plug into it, anytime, anywhere!
If you'd also like to learn some practical and fun ways to renew your creative spark and apply your creative power to the very biggest questions in your life right now, I invite you to join us for the free ARTsignment™ Power Hour teleclass on Tuesday. Details are below and I look forward to seeing you there for much enLIGHTening fun! :-)
For those short on time, to simplify this week's Artellagram, here are some ”quick links” to the highlights in this edition. You can simply follow the links that you're interested in and go directly to that section.
1. Free "ARTsignment™ Power Hour" Teleclass on Tuesday! I'm so excited about our upcoming free teleclass event, The ARTsignment™ Power Hour: Plug In and Renew Your Creative Spark! Whether you're looking to reignite your own creative spark, or you're interested in learning some new tools for your own clients and students, you are invited to join me for a full hour of experiential, hands-on ARTsignments™ designed to revitalize your greatest renewable resource: your creativity!
In this full hour of hands-on ARTsignments™, you will:
For those also interested in hearing more about the Fall 2011 ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program (ACT), you are invited to stay for a fun gathering after the call, where you'll hear directly from actual ACT graduates, and get full details about applying for the program.
- Identify what your creativity needs
learn what truly "sparks" you!
- Connect with the power of your creativity to help you make the most powerful and powered-up choices in your life!
- Apply your creative power to the very biggest questions in your life right now, receiving new clarity and guidance that will dazzle you!
- Truly experience your creativity as a renewable resource
and learn how you can plug into it, anytime, anywhere!
- All participants will also receive a fun, follow-up workbook with more fun exercises and ideas to help you "plug in!"
Get all the details about the ARTsignment™ Power Hour here!
2. NEW! Free teleclass with SARK and Marney! One week after the free "ARTsignment™ Power Hour" class is another free class: D.A.R.E. with SARK and Marney, to be held Tuesday, August 9, at 9:00pm Eastern. D.A.R.E. stands for "Dreams and Realities Expand", and in this class, best-selling author SARK and I will be guiding you to discover and nurture your personal DARE, that unique inner positive challenge that is unique to you and only you!
In this fun, free class with me and SARK, you will:
Get all the details about the free class with me and SARK here!
- Learn the difference between your Dream and your DARE
- Clarify this difference to change your life!
- Hear me and SARK candidly share our stories about the role of DARING in our personal and professional journeys, as we guide you to apply the valuable lessons from our stories to your own life, right now!
- Finally identify your personal DARE…that inner positive challenge that is unique to you and only you!
- Experience exciting new tools to support you in creating confidence to dance with your DARE and bring it to life!
3. Jump in and join us for M.A.I.N. Summer Camp! The M.A.I.N. Summer Camp kicked off this past Wednesday, and you can still join for this "Creative Jump-in-the-Pool for Your Business Vision…and So Much S'More!" We've been hearing great things about our first week, like:
"Your kickoff for our Summer Camp was nothing less than PERFECT! Thank you so much! I am truly looking forward to digesting everything we did tonight over the next few days. I cannot wait to see what will develop to add to my endeavors!"
– Angi Orobko
"I loved the class last night! It was amazing to really work on all we did in such a short period of time. The thing I really appreciated most was just getting it done....not a lot of talk, just getting into action which kept my inner critic at bay."
– Angela George
And, there's great news: you can still enroll for the two remaining weeks, and you'll receive the recording and workbook for first class immediately, so you can easily get caught up. You can get more info about M.A.I.N. Summer Camp, here!
4. NEW! Free ARTbundance™ Coaching Session and Goody Pack! It's that time again! We have a new set of ACT Trainees, and an all-new set of inspiring goodies that you'll receive when you sign up to be a volunteer client for one of our talented ARTbundance™ Coaches-in-training! An ARTbundance™ Coach is a pioneering, unique hybrid of inspiring coach, creativity teacher, workshop leader, and spiritual guide. The Spring 2011 Trainees are looking forward to working with volunteer clients in one-on-one coaching sessions!
To participate, you simply receive your free live one-on-one coaching in a 30-minute session, by phone, and fill out a follow-up feedback questionnaire following your session. In addition to the free ARTbundance™ session, you also receive a bonus gift of an all-new ARTbundant Gift Package, overflowing with unique and inspiring goodies as our thanks!
You can get all the exciting details and sign up for your complimentary session, here!
A new session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program (ACT) is starting in September! Applications are now available, through September 12. You can get full details about the program, here.
5. Join the ARTfiliate Program! Join Artella's generous ARTfiliate Program and enjoy all the new affiliate tools that we've recently added! You can get more info by clicking here.
6. Interested in Becoming Part of Artella's Team? We are expanding our team for all the exciting things we're working on this year, so if you're interested in becoming part of the Artella Team, check out this page for details.
For today's "In the Studio" Interview, I'm delighted to present ARTbundance™ Coach and Practitioner Carrie Faden! Carrie is truly "lit up" from the inside, and so I thought she would be the ideal person to interview in conjunction with our topic this week!
Enjoy getting to know Carrie!
Artella: What led you to become a Certified ARTbundance™ Coach?
Carrie: When I saw the details of the ARTbundance™ Training I was strongly led to participate in this medium. I had been a life coach for years before but always the training that was offered fell flat and left so much more to be desired. There was no method to the madness, just training and then you were on your own! Seeing the principles of ARTbundance™ and how they lined up with the principles of my life along with the practical application of these principles, really pulled me in. I could see the quality and value of the training. Along with this the business building tools were priceless to me. I know how to coach but when it comes to the practical business building savvy that was needed I was seriously lacking! So ARTbundance™ was, over all, the most well rounded program I had ever seen! I saw a program that was artistic, creative, spiritual, fun and savvy all at once. How could it get better than this?!
Artella: How has your ARTbundance™ training affected your work and/or life?
Carrie: ARTbundance™ has affected my life in so many ways to date. I am much more mindful of the principles and how they are working on a daily basis for me. This system creates balance and mindfulness in ways that I have not experienced before. Where before I might have felt "out of sorts" with something unnamed I am now more aware of the energy in my life and in my body and have a set of tools to turn to to locate in what area I may be out of balance or feeling out of sorts. It only takes a minute to find which principle is needed and voila! I have a tool to bring things back to balance. And this system allows me to share those tools with other people in the form of coaching. It brings people breakthroughs like I've never seen with ease and joy. It just seems to work as a gentle "ahaaaa" which creates the pivot into a whole new breakthrough of energy and creativity..
You can read the rest of Carrie's interview, here
A new session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program (ACT) is coming in September 2011, and applications are now available! You can get the full program details here.
This project uses art as a way to explore your most powerful energy source: yourself. This is a useful exercise if you are feeling exhausted, burnt out, depleted, and out of balance.
To start, answer these questions:
- What do your life's "batteries" look like right now?
- If you could "change your batteries", what would you LIKE your batteries to look like? What would you like your imaginary batteries to do for you?
- If you could plug yourself into a recharge station, what would it look like? What would it do, and how would it make your feel?
- Describe the power cord that you are plugged into. Describe the power cord that you would LIKE to be plugged into?
- If you could plug yourself into a generator, what would it look like? What would it do for you? How would this imaginary generator change your life?
After exploring these questions, select the ideas, images, or concepts that resonate most deeply, and create a piece of art to illustrate your ideal energy source…a way that you can instantly replenish your energy at will. For example, the art shown here is my "Extension Cord Muse", and her purpose is to inspire me to plug into vibrant creativity…anytime, anywhere, even in the most mundane tasks. It was great fun using various odds and ends in the junk drawer to create this figure! The simple act of assembling her gave me a great boost of energy!
What does your energy invention look like?
The project is excerpted from the Artella e-course, Artella's AlphaBetter Muse Workshop: 26 Inspiring Art Journaling Muses for All-Around BETTER Living!
This Quotz Crystal is a high-resolution jpeg image, suitable for printing. I invite you to print it out and remind you to to plug in to your creativity, no matter where you are!
~seeing the light shine in,
Artella Founder, Mango Lover, Hula Dancer
Artella Land ~ the creative isles of words, art, and spirit
Artella 9090 Skillman #182A-116 Dallas TX 75243