Note: If this message doesn't display in its delightfully colorful formatting, you can view it on the Web at www.artellawordsandart.com/ARTELLAGRAM-5-22-10.html."All things seem possible in May."
- Edwin Way Teale
This entire month, our home has been filled with birthday joy, because little Kai just turned two years old this week! When I look into his bright sparkly eyes, my entire being agrees with the quote above. All things DO seem possible in May...including the birth of an amazing little soul who has changed my life in such astounding ways. Happy Birthday, Kai! :-)
This May, I invite you to join me in a treasure hunt to find all the things that are possible….as well as all things that are pausable. I think both concepts are helpful as we create lives that are fulfilling, meaningful, and creative, which inspire ourselves and others around us.
Like driving a car, living a full, creative life consists of a combination of both acceleration and braking. Yet I find that often the latter is neglected. We tend to think that if we add more and more inspiring and enjoyable creative things to our life, then our life will get more inspiring and creative. Yet so often that is not the case.
With creative people especially, adding more inspiration and creativity can often result in "inspiration overload". And so we look around at all our inspiring books, art supplies, CDs, retreats, seminars, and our journals and art filled with dreams….and we wonder why we're still discontent. With all this evidence around us of what is possible, why does it all feel so impossible?
I think that we can get the best results when, in addition to adding more joy to our lives, we simultaneously are putting the brakes on the things that don't bring joy. Releasing those things allows the space for the inspiration to come in. The interior space that comes with releasing things that don't work is the most fruitful creative gift we can give ourselves.
That's why I encourage all of us to explore not only what is possible, but what is pausable. Think about what small step might you take to stop (or at least pause) something that isn't working, in order to make room for more good stuff? You might want to try the Creativity Tip, below, to play with these ideas, or for a bit more in-depth look, you could sign up for one of the complimentary ARTbundance™ Coaching sessions I write about below, to explore this as well as any other issues that inhibit your fullest creativity and happiness.
Together, the possible and the pausable can work together, weaving in and out, in a lovely Maypole dance of action and art.
What does your dance look like?
For those short on time, to simplify this week's Artellagram, here are some ”quick links” to the highlights in this edition. You can simply follow the links that you're interested in and go directly to that section.
1. Site updates! We have working hard behind-the-scenes to move Artella Land to a brand new state-of-the-art managed server, which will allow us to fully implement all of the inspiring renovations and updates that we'll be unrolling in the next few months. This truly will allow us to serve you much better and allow Artella to grow in exciting ways! It looks like we have solved most, if not all, access issues due to our server migration, but if you have any problems, please do let us know so that we can resolve them immediately for you. Thank you!
2. NEW! FREE Teleclass with Marney and SARK! Many of the questions I hear most often refer to the struggle between the linear world of productivity and the non-linearworlds of creativity, spirituality, and passion. That is why I'm thrilled to be teaming up with Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy (aka SARK) to present a FREE teleclass on Thursday, June 3, calledSARK and Marney's Magic Management: How Your Inner CEO and Inner Spirit Can Get Along and Thrive!.This rich topic is so often the "missing piece" for many spiritually-minded and creative individuals who want to take their dream productivity to the next level and create projects, ventures, and businesses that are far reaching and successful!
SARK and I are excited to share our fun, joyful processes for allowing your "Inner CEO" and your Inner Spirit to develop in tandem with one another, harmoniously, brilliantly, and joyfully! I hope you'll join us for an exciting evening of new discoveries and inventions for your own new approach to Magic Management! If you are not able to attend the call live, you can also sign up to receive a free recording to enjoy at your convenience.Sign up for our free teleclass, here!
3. It’s that time again! Get a free ARTbundance™ coaching session plus lots of great goodies! We're once again accepting volunteer clients to work with our talented Coaches in training in the current group of trainees in Artella's ARTbundance™ Coach Training Program. An ARTbundance™ Coach is a pioneering, unique hybrid of inspiring coach, creativity teacher, workshop leader, and spiritual guide. The 2010 Trainees are near the completion of their certification training, and they are looking forward to working with volunteer clients in one-on-one coaching sessions!
To participate, you simply receive your free live one-on-one coaching in a 30-minute session, by phone, and fill out a follow-up feedback questionnaire following your session. In addition to the free ARTbundance™ session, you also receive a bonus gift of an ARTbundantly overflowing package of unique and inspiring goodies as our thanks! Since we know this opportunity will be popular, and we only have a limited number of coaches, we can only take signups on a first-come basis, at which point, like last time, we will start a short waiting list. Those on the wait list, however, will still get all the freebies outside of the coaching session, and will be contacted if a space opens up.
You can get all the exciting details and sign up for your complimentary session, here!
I've been getting lots of inquiries about the next session of ARTbundance™ Coach Training. The official date hasn’t been set yet, but right now it looks like we'll be starting our next group sometime in the fall of 2010. If you would like to receive notification and an application for the next ARTbundance™ ™ Coach Certification Program, simply fill out the form on this page.
4. Fun Freebies…Vote in Artella Contests! You can grab a couple of free Artella goodies when you vote for your favorite artwork in the following contests in the Artella Café:
The artists who submit to these contests are just SO talented and I'm so excited to their work with you! Plus, you get little prizes, just for voting! Have fun!
5. NEW! May YOUpon codes are here! Take a look at the May YOUpons, and you'll find discounts on many of our favorite Artella goods!
6. Earn money and great prizes for spreading the word! Join Artella's generous Affiliate Program! If you're looking to make a little bit of extra spending money this year, join the affiliate program and find out about the great bonuses we have going right now!
7. Interested in Becoming Part of Artella's Team?We are expanding our team for all the great things we're planning to do in 2010. So if you're interested in becoming part of the Artella Team, check out this post in the Artella Cafe for details.
For today's "In the Studio" Interview, I'm delighted to present an interview with Certified ARTbundance™ Coach Kelly Jo Murphy.
I also invite you to visit her super-cool Creative KickAss Prosperity™ Forum right here in Artellaland, connecting and sharing ideas with other Spiritual Creative Women Entrepreneurs.
Enjoy getting to know Kelly Jo!
Artella: How has your ARTbundance™ training affected your work and/or life?
Kelly Jo: The cohesiveness of the Principles, the ARTsignments™ and Marney's special touch in weaving her magic into the whole process gave me the exact framework I was looking for to find my own voice in my work. Marney's example of a powerfully action oriented and spiritually creative woman has been inspiring to me to take those actions that my intuition told me to take but I felt afraid of before. Having a role model mentor like her has been instrumental in me spreading my own wings and trusting the ground would be under my feet as I landed. Finding the inaugural class of ARTbundance™ was serendipitious...I asked Spirit for a way to blend creativity, spirituality, prosperity and business coaching in authenticity and fun and the next day I received the Artellagram with the announcement for ARTbundance™ Coaching. Voila! The ARTbundance™ training has also helped me integrate the methods I have created for homeschooling my children. All of the Principles and Beliefs within the program meshed perfectly with the curriculum I created and use with my children. Beautiful on so many levels!
Artella: You're known as the KickAss Propserity™ Coach. What does "KickAss Prosperity" tm mean?
Kelly Jo: KickAss Prosperity™ is taking your unique vision of prosperity, your unique way of expressing and being, your unique way of acting, creating, thinking, loving, believing, visioning your life, your world, your business, yourSelf, taking all that encompasses YOU and making it be the BEST version, the coolest KickAss version it can be, all while having FUN on the journey.
You can read the rest of Kelly Jo's interview, here
Certified ARTbundance™ Coach, Kelly Jo Murphy, Inspires Your M.U.S.E. (My Unique Self Expression) to Come Out and Play! Visit Kelly Jo at http://www.KellyJoMurphy.com, in Artella at YOUR Creative KickAss Prosperity™ Forum and on her Facebook FanPage.
If you would like to receive notification and an application for the next ARTbundance™ Coach Certification Program, simply fill out the form on this page.
ART AND WRITING TIP OF THE WEEK: Try creating your own personal "Maypole" to explore and express the unique combination of possibility and plausibility in your life.
To start, cut some blank strips of paper (I like using 1" x 6" strips) and divide your stack of strips in half. Then decorate the strips in any media or technique you like (see examples of collage strips, above). Decorate half of the strips to represent "the possible": the things that you want to bring into your life. Decorate the other half of the strips with "the plausible": the things that you can pause, stop, or let go of.
Here are some ideas for how you can decorate your strips:
- make mini-collages
- write 1-2 words in a very large letters across the strip
- write active, first-person sentences (i.e., "I am stopping the stress that comes when I am running late. I'm making new choices to plan ahead and be early.)
- draw or sketch with markers or colored pencils
- writers may want to play with writing short poems
After you decorate your strips, then you can create a paper chain to represent your personal Maypole ribbon. As you link them together, alternate between "possible" links and "plausible" links, and think about the ways that these two different creative energies interlock and work together.
Your finished "Maypole" can be strewn where you will be delighted to see it often. Drape it on a blossoming plant, like I did (see right) or hang it from a door knob, a lamp, your rearview window in your car...
If you like this idea, you might be interested in Artella's Gratitude Garland Workshop, which is my funky twist on a daily gratitude journal.
WOW – it's the 50th Quotz Crystal! Enjoy!
This Quotz Crystal is a high-resolution jpeg image, suitable for printing. Print it out and hang it up to remind you of the power of letting go to what is pausable...
~Celebrating's colorful Maypole dance,
Artella Founder, Mango Lover, Hula Dancer
Artella Land ~ the creative isles of words, art, and spirit
Artella 9090 Skillman #182A-116 Dallas TX 75243
Keep It Coming! To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Artellagram@artellawordsandart.com. If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery.