Keep It Coming! To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Artellagram@artellawordsandart.com. If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery.
Note: If this message doesn't display in its delightfully colorful formatting, you can view it on the Web at www.artellawordsandart.com/ARTELLAGRAM-4-2-11.html.
We recently took Kai to visit the Museum of Nature and Science. Surprisingly, he was less than impressed with the larger-than-life animatronic dinosaurs ("remote control dinosaurs", he called them) and what he most wanted to do was "play in the sandbox", referring to the museum's large sandy-filled area where kids can use shovels and other tools to "dig for dinosaur bones".
Kai lived his first 18 months in Hawaii, and much of that time was spent on the beach. He nursed on the sand, took his first steps on the sand, and "beach" was one of his first words. So it would be natural for him to have an affinity for sandboxes, especially now that we don't live anywhere near a beach! And yet, his connection to playing in the sand is hardly unique to him...one look at all of the happy kids in that "big sandbox" is proof of the natural tendency to gravitate toward this kind of play.
As I shared the story of our museum visit with my grown-up friends, everyone said the same thing...some version of, "I don't blame him...that's what I'd want to do, too! I'd love to play in the sandbox!"
Why are we so attracted to playing in the sandbox? Well, I think there might be a few reasons:
- Tools - sandboxes are full of fun tools: shovels, pails, cups, spoons, funny-shaped molds, and little flags to put atop carefully-crafted castles!
- Digging and Building - most of sandbox activity revolves around building things: castles, towers, mud pies. It's all about digging deep, and taking a formless substance and turning it into something...ah the gratification!
- Camaraderie - of course you can play in the sandbox alone, but it's more fun when you have friends building things with you!
- Mess! - the sandbox is one place where it's ok to get a little messy. Even the most well-dressed, well-kept kids aren't expected to look perfect when they emerge from playing in the sandbox!
All of these elements - tools, digging, building, camaraderie and permission to get a little messy - are all part of why I titled next week's free teleclass, ARTsignments™ in Action: A Fun Romp Through the ARTbundance™ Sandbox. If you'd like to learn more about ACT, (ARTbundance™ Certification Training) and our 4th (!) edition beginning mid-April, or if you're simply interested in having lots of fun playing with ARTsignments™ while you get a little messy - LOL - I invite you to join us and let your creativity swirl in a great time...perhaps even more fun than a day at the beach. :-)
For those short on time, to simplify this week's Artellagram, here are some ”quick links” to the highlights in this edition. You can simply follow the links that you're interested in and go directly to that section.
1. NEW! Free "ARTsignments™ in Action" TeleParty Next Thursday! The article above discusses some of the reasons that we are drawn to play in sandboxes. They all happen to apply to the Free ARTsignments™ in Action" TeleParty that's happening next Thursday! Come play in the ARTbundance™ sandbox, and see what it's all about!
Join us for this fun, free Teleparty event and you will…
This Party is open for anyone who is simply interested in learning more about the ARTbundance™ program, as well as receiving the follow-up workbook about the ARTbundance™ Principles.
- Observe ARTbundance™ Coaches working and playing with real, live clients, using ARTsignments™ as powerful transforming tools. You can even sign up to be a real volunteer client when you RSVP for the class!
- Play in the ARTsignment™ Sandbox as you participate in mini-workshops and inspiring talks given by graduates of our ARTbundance™ Training Program!
- Receive a fun, follow-up workbook with more fun exercises and ideas for using the ARTbundance™ Principles in your own life, or with your own clients and students!
- Have the opportunity to ask real live ACT graduates (and me!) your questions about the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program, if you think you might be interested in applying for the Spring 2011 program.
- Have the chance to win lots of great prizes when we play some fun Party Games! (After all, what is a party without games? LOL)
To join us for "Artsignments in Action" on April 7, simply sign up here!
2. Spring 2011 ACT Session is Open for Applications! We are now taking applications for the Spring 2011 ARTbundance™ Certification Training, which begins at the end of April, with applications due April 18, 2011!
If you are considering applying for the Spring 2011 ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program, or if you'd just like to learn more about the ARTbundance™ Philosophy and ARTsignments, here is a whole blossoming bundle of fun freebies for you:
- NEW! Listen to Audio ACTimonials! The Audio ACTimonials are a consolidation of about two dozen ACT Graduates sharing their personal experiences with the program. The recording is approx 24 minutes...so you can feel free to dip in and listen to a little, or a lot! :-) Listen to your recording, here!
- NEW! Download your free copy of "Discover Wonder Woman's Greatest Superpower!" - Last week, over 1,000 people signed up to learn how to Lasso Love to Get Things Done in this fun ARTbundance™ workshop, featuring special guests Kathy Cano-Murillo (aka The Crafty Chica) as well as several graduates of the ARTbundance™ Certification Program. Download the new Virtual Workshop Experience which includes the class recording with all its great interactive activities and presentations, PLUS a dynamic workbook full of more fun ways to apply ARTbundance™ Principles in your own life, or with your own clients and students. Download your copy, here!
- NEW! Free ARTbundance™ Community Events Series! As part of their Certification requirements, our current group of training ARTbundance™ Practitioners will be presenting free teleclass events to the Artella Community! I invite you to explore the upcoming events scheduled in the new ARTbundance™ Community Events Series! To participate in the ARTbundance™ Community Events, you simply sign up to virtually attend (by phone) the events of your choice, and after each call, you fill out a follow-up questionnaire with feedback for the presenter. In addition to experiencing the free teleclass, you also receive a bonus gift of an ARTbundantly overflowing package of unique and inspiring goodies as our thanks! See the descriptions of the current events and sign up here!
- Get a Free ARTbundance™ Coaching Session! We're also once again accepting volunteer clients to work with our talented Coaches-in-training in the current group of trainees in Artella's ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program. ARTbundance™ Coaching Session! Since this opportunity has grown to be very popular, and we only have a limited number of coaches, we can only take signups on a first-come basis, at which point, like last time, we will start a waiting list. Those on the wait list, however, who do not get to work with a coach, will still get the exciting package of freebies outside of the coaching session, and will be contacted if a space opens up. You can get all the exciting details and sign up for your complimentary session, here!
If you think you might be interested in applying for the Spring 2011 session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training (ACT), note that applications are being accepted through April 18, 2011, including those applying for a Lonnie D. Kliever Scholarship, through the fund we created in memory of my father. You can get full details about ACT and request an application at: http://www.artellaland.com/ACT.html
3. NEW! Fun Writing Contest! I am honored to be one of the writers featured in SARK's newest eProgram, Juicy Journaling with SARK - Volume 2! To celebrate the launch of this long-awaited sequel is the launch of SARK's Wild Word Contest. Everyone who enters gets two complimentary days of Juicy Journaling - Volume 2, and there are also some great prizes. You can enter through April 8, which is also the date that the "Early Word" discounts end. Enter the contest and get your two free days of lessons, here!
4. Join the Affiliate Program! Join Artella's generous Affiliate Program and enjoy all the new affiliate tools that we’ve recently added! You can get more info by clicking here.
5. Interested in Becoming Part of Artella's Team? We are expanding our team for all the exciting things we're working on this year, so if you're interested in becoming part of the Artella Team, check out this page for details.
For today's "In the Studio" Interview, I'm delighted to present Certified ARTbundance™ Coach Rachel McDonald. Rachel has such a playful spirit and such an amazing ability at creating ARTsignments, so I knew she would be the ideal coach to interview this week!
Enjoy getting to know Rachel!
Artella: What led you to become a Certified ARTbundance™ Coach?
Rachel: It sprung out at me in a deliciously divine way. I was already coaching but wanted a way to weave creativity and spirituality into my work with women - my ARTbundance™ training has certainly helped me to do that!
Artella: How has your ARTbundance™ training affected your work and/or life?
Rachel: I call myself a "Soul Gypsy" - I need lots of sacred time alone to do deep inner work, but I also need colour, energy and whimsy and ARTbundance™ training stitched these things together for me. My ARTbundance™ training has given me the confidence to stretch my wings, believe in my soul's work and, most importantly, get out there and do it!
You can read the rest of Rachel's interview, here
A new session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program (ACT) is starting April 25! Applications are now available, and will be accepted through April 18, 2011. For more information and to download an application, simply go here!
Writing about Kai's love of sand and the beach makes me remember our wonderful days in Hawaii. We lived there for three years, and they were among the happiest - and most creative - days that I can remember. When we first moved to Hawaii, I was so inspired by the beautiful surroundings that I started painting, which I had rarely done before. I had a very prolific period where I painted one large canvas after another, largely inspired by the Island and its magical beauty.
When I look back at the paintings I created during that time, I notice a few themes that weren't necessarily apparent to me at the time. For one thing, each painting seemed to combine natural and oceanic scenes with other "every day" elements. At the time, I think I was inserting these items just as "quirky" expressions of my everyday life, but now I can see that perhaps my mind was attempting to integrate it all - to assimilate the ordinary and extraordinary moments and bring them together into one single entity.
I think it's far too easy for us to look at our lives and see "the miracles" on one side, and "the mundane" on the other. Our creativity can help us bring all of that together, so that we can inhabit ALL of it in our experience! After all, what is a collage, but a visual conceptualization of integration? How might you explore the concept of integration, through your writing and artwork? What ideas come to mind?
One of the ARTsignments™ we're presenting in next Thursday's ARTsignments in Action class delves into this very subject, so if the topic of everyday integration interests you, I invite you to join us!
This Quotz Crystal is a high-resolution jpeg image, suitable for printing. It seemed the perfect tie-in to all the images of sand and sea in this Artellagram issue. I invite you to print it out and hang it up, or keep it in your pocket, as a reminderof the powerful healing properties to which we all have access, no matter where we are.
~loving's sand castle,
Artella Founder, Mango Lover, Hula Dancer
Artella Land ~ the creative isles of words, art, and spirit
Artella 9090 Skillman #182A-116 Dallas TX 75243