Keep It Coming! To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Artellagram@artellawordsandart.com. If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery.
Note: If this message doesn't display in its delightfully colorful formatting, you can view it on the Web at www.artellawordsandart.com/ARTELLAGRAM-3-26-11.html.
A couple of weeks ago, I was teaching a teleclass about following our passion in our work and everyday lives. A participant spoke up with a comment from the heart, confessing that passion makes her nervous. She very honestly said, "I don't want to feel passion. I want to feel calm."
I loved that she brought up this point, because it allowed us all discuss the concept of passion in greater depth. I believe that true passion is whatever you want it to be. True passion is whatever fulfills you, at your core. Naturally, this will be different for everyone. True passion connects you to your purpose, which means that it can feel exhilarating, calming, or anything in between.
When we connect to our true passion, we don't have to push or force anything. It is as natural as breathing. It is sliding our hand in a glove that truly fits. It is saying, "Oh…..so THIS it is." Like breathing, when we take shallow breaths, we have shallow results. But when we connect to a true passion, we achieve deep inspiration (which of course makes great sense, since the origin for the word inspiration literally means "to breathe in"!)
In the ARTbundance™ approach, we have a technique that really personalizes passion, to help you identify what passion means to YOU. We call it your "OH!", which stands for your "one hunger." It is the state of being that your spirit craves the most….it is the thing that makes you say, "OH! yes, this is it!"
It's very helpful to identify your "one hunger". Think about it: is your core motivator to feel calm, or to feel exuberant? To feel connected or to feel free? It's a great experiment to explore different states of being, and hone in on THE word that most describes how you most want to feel each and every day….that is your OH!
And if you'd like to explore this concept in greater depth, I invite you to download the free Discover Wonder Woman's Greatest Superpower Virtual Workshop experience. Over 1,000 people signed up for this teleclass earlier this week, and now we've made it available for you to download both the recording and the accompanying workbook for free. Keep reading below for the free download instructions.
I once read that passion is "passing I on". When we connect to what WE truly love, we can pass that love onto others…sharing deeply-rooted inspiration that flows into the most beautiful breaths of promise and hope.
For those short on time, to simplify this week's Artellagram, here are some ”quick links” to the highlights in this edition. You can simply follow the links that you're interested in and go directly to that section.
1. NEW! Free "ARTsignments™ in Action" TeleParty on April 7! I invite you to join me for this special premiere event! You'll get to play with ARTsignments™, get a closer look at the ARTbundance™ Principles, and actually see them in action!
Join us for this fun, free Teleparty event and you will…
This Party is open for anyone who is simply interested in learning more about the ARTbundance™ program, as well as receiving the follow-up workbook about the ARTbundance™ Principles.
- Observe ARTbundance™ Coaches working and playing with real, live clients, using ARTsignments™ as powerful transforming tools. You can even sign up to be a volunteer client when you RSVP for the class!
- Play in the ARTsignment™ Sandbox as you participate in mini-workshops and inspiring talks given by graduates of our ARTbundance™ Training Program!
- Receive a fun, follow-up workbook with more fun exercises and ideas for using the ARTbundance™ Principles in your own life, or with your own clients and students!
- Have the opportunity to ask real live ACT graduates (and me!) your questions about the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program, if you think you might be interested in applying for the Spring 2011 program.
- Have the chance to win lots of great prizes when we play some fun Party Games! (After all, what is a party without games? LOL)
To join us for "Artsignments in Action" on April 7, simply sign up here!
2. Spring 2011 ACT Session is Open for Applications! We are now taking applications for the Spring 2011 ARTbundance™ Certification Training, which begins at the end of April, with applications due April 18, 2011!
;If you are considering applying for the Spring 2011 ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program, or if you'd just like to learn more about the ARTbundance™ Philosophy and ARTsignments, here is a whole bundle of fun freebies for you:
- NEW! Listen to Audio ACTimonials! The Audio ACTimonials are a consolidation of about two dozen ACT Graduates sharing their personal experiences with the program. The recording is approx 24 minutes...so you can feel free to dip in and listen to a little, or a lot! :-) Listen to your recording, here!
- NEW! Download your free copy of "Discover Wonder Woman's Greatest Superpower!" - This past Wednesday, over 1,000 people signed up to learn how to Lasso Love to Get Things Done in this fun ARTbundance™ workshop, featuring special guests Kathy Cano-Murillo (aka The Crafty Chica) as well as several graduates of the ARTbundance™ Certification Program. Download the new Virtual Workshop Experience which includes the class recording with all its great interactive activities and presentations, PLUS a dynamic workbook full of more fun ways to apply ARTbundance™ Principles in your own life, or with your own clients and students. Download your copy, here!
- NEW! Free ARTbundance™ Community Events Series! As part of their Certification requirements, our current group of training ARTbundance™ Practitioners will be presenting free teleclass events to the Artella Community! I invite you to explore the upcoming events scheduled in the new ARTbundance™ Community Events Series! To participate in the ARTbundance™ Community Events, you simply sign up to virtually attend (by phone) the events of your choice, and after each call, you fill out a follow-up questionnaire with feedback for the presenter. In addition to experiencing the free teleclass, you also receive a bonus gift of an ARTbundantly overflowing package of unique and inspiring goodies as our thanks! See the descriptions of the current events and sign up here!
- Get a Free ARTbundance™ Coaching Session! We're also once again accepting volunteer clients to work with our talented Coaches-in-training in the current group of trainees in Artella's ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program. ARTbundance™ Coaching Session! Since this opportunity has grown to be very popular, and we only have a limited number of coaches, we can only take signups on a first-come basis, at which point, like last time, we will start a waiting list. Those on the wait list, however, who do not get to work with a coach, will still get the exciting package of freebies outside of the coaching session, and will be contacted if a space opens up. You can get all the exciting details and sign up for your complimentary session, here!
If you think you might be interested in applying for the Spring 2011 session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training (ACT), note that applications are being accepted through April 18, 2011, including those applying for a Lonnie D. Kliever Scholarship, through the fund we created in memory of my father. You can get full details about ACT and request an application at: http://www.artellaland.com/ACT.html
3. NEW! Juicy Journaling with SARK – Volume 2! I am honored to be one of the writers featured in SARK's newest eProgram, Juicy Journaling with SARK – Volume 2! SARK released the first Juicy Journaling program in 2009, and it's always been one of my favorites. By popular demand, she's now offering an ultra-juicy sequel, and if you are interested in taking an inspiring journey through words, feelings, and fabulously juicy living, I encourage you to take a look. This program is overflowing with multi-media tools to unearth your new, fresh writing voice and nourish your soul and I think it's awesome! Through April 8 there is an "Early Word Special" with a really nice discount. Get all the Juicy Journaling details here!
4. Artella Member Ship Updates! This month's Luxury Goodies were just sent out this week! This month's goodies feature an awesome assortment of inspirations! Here are just a few select highlights:
Those are just a few of the treasures in this month's Membership offers. If you are not currently riding aboard our Member Ship, I invite you to take a look at our recently-updated cabins; you can go here for more info. As soon as you sign up, you immediately after access to all of your Cabin's goodies, as well as literally thousands of exclusive downloads in the Member Ship area of our site! Happy sailing!
- The "Stained Glass Spectacular" Studio Kit is one of the most beautiful collage kits we've ever offered!
- This month's issue of The Art Journal Journey is fantastic, with more projects and inspiration than ever, now featuring Tammy Hensley's new monthly column, "The Fiber Files"~
- The Blissness Plan Art Journal Workbook for this month guides you through giving a makeover to your "elevator speech"…and turning it into an "Elevated Speech"!
- Both Art Journaling and Blissness Members can listen to the exclusive, super-inspiring Shimmerview with Crafty Chica Kathy Cano-Murillo, as we celebrate the release of her newest crafty novel! I love this interview so much!
- The "Retro Funky" Digital Cruiseship Workshop for Digital Art Members includes an extraordinary amount of digital art tools and tutorials, all designed by your Digital Cruise Guide, Annamarie!
4. Join the Affiliate Program! Join Artella's generous Affiliate Program and enjoy all the new affiliate tools that we've recently added! You can get more info here here.
5. Interested in Becoming Part of Artella's Team? We are expanding our team for all the exciting things we're working on this year, so if you're interested in becoming part of the Artella Team, check out this page for details.
For today's "In the Studio" Interview, I'm delighted to present a woman with a strong passion for helping others, Janet Laird.
Janet is a Certified ARTbundance™ Coach who is beautifully incorporating her ARTbundance™ training into her work as a Wellness Recovery Educator. Enjoy getting to know Janet!
Artella: What led you to become a Certified ARTbundance™ Coach?
Janet: The idea of ARTsignments fascinated me and I wanted to incorporate them into my work as a Wellness Recovery Educator facilitating W.R.A.P. ™ Workshops. W.R.A.P. ™ stands for Wellness Recovery Action Plan and is a self-management program that is written by you to maintain and increase wellness in your life. I support people in writing their own plan for wellness using previously effective methods as well as looking at new ways of increasing health and wellness.
Artella: ARTbundance™ Coaching is based on nine ARTbundance™ Principles. Do you have a favorite Principle, or one that you really enjoy activating in other people? Which one, and why?
Janet: Balance is my fave and the most gratifying one to cheer others on to achieve. Finding the balance in doing what is supportive to my wellness as well as what is appropriate and helpful for me to live in society is crucial. I value balancing self-nurturing while taking personal responsibility. It is important to work some and play some. Laugh some and cry some. Balance is essential.
You can read the rest of Janet's interview, here
A new session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program (ACT) is starting April 25! Applications are now available, and will be accepted through April 18, 2011. For more information and to download an application, simply fill out the form on this page.
This process invites you to combine art and writing as you discover your passion by exploring your interactive relationship with the world. To start, complete the following sentence multiple times (I suggest at least 12) with the first thing that comes to mind:
I ____________ the world.
For example: I challenge the world.
I flirt with the world.
I take care of the world.
I cuddle with the world.
I question the world.
The next step is to expand each sentence to follow this format: I ___________ the world, the world __________ me.
The resulting list looks something like this:
I challenge the world, the world challenges me.
I flirt with the world, the world flirts with me.
I take care of the world, the world takes care of me.
I cuddle with the world, the world cuddles with me.
I question the world, the world questions me.
Then look through the list of statements, and pick ONE that really excites you. Ideally it should be a statement that really gets to the heart of who you REALLY are. You can then create a self-portrait (using any media or techniques) to express your "connection credo".
The above example is my painting to illustrate my Connection Credo: "I paint the world, the world paints me."
This Quotz Crystal is a high-resolution jpeg image, suitable for printing. I invite you to print it out and hang it up to inspire some delicious action AND inspiration this week!
~In awe of's true passion,
Artella Founder, Mango Lover, Hula Dancer
Artella Land ~ the creative isles of words, art, and spirit
Artella 9090 Skillman #182A-116 Dallas TX 75243