Keep It Coming! To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Artellagram@artellawordsandart.com. If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery.
Note: If this message doesn't display in its delightfully colorful formatting, you can view it on the Web at www.artellawordsandart.com/ARTELLAGRAM-3-19-11.html.A new journey to be started.
A new promise to be fulfilled.
A new page to be written.
Go forth unto this waiting world with pen in hand,
all you young scribes,
the open book awaits.
~ George Perez
(in "Wonder Woman #62")
I've been having so much fun preparing for the free class that I'm presenting this Wednesday, "Discover Wonder Woman's Greatest Superpower: Lasso Love to FINALLY Get Things Done!" For one thing, I'm learning a lot about the fictional character of Wonder Woman, and discovering a lot of meaningful connections that just happen to tie-in perfectly to the class theme. The quote at the beginning of this article is a perfect example…to me, these words sound like they were written by a favorite poet or inspirational writer…imagine my surprise when I discovered these amazing words in an old Wonder Woman comic book! :-)
Indeed, new journeys and "new pages to be written" are some of my very favorite things in the world. I have always loved beginnings, from meeting new people, to watching the first scene in a movie or play, or launching into a new project. My husband laughs at how absolutely giddy I get when I start reading a new novel. Somehow, these "beginning gestures" are just full of energy, excitement, and a tangible sense of hope.
BEginnings are full of BE energy, and I know that many creative people, with our inherent dreams and visions, naturally gravitate toward that state. "Be creative…be adventurous…be original…" these words from the above quote are all fabulous BEing states that fuel BEginnings! During the past years, however, I've been learning and noticing more and more about what can happen when we combine "BE" gestures with "DO" gestures. I once thought that if I was going to focus on DOing, I had to somehow relinquish the delicious BEing. That, for example, if I was really getting things done, then I couldn't have any fun.
One of the ARTbundance™ Principles is "Balance", but we ought to remember that balance doesn't mean "one or the other". Balance means blending. In other words, it's not about choosing between BEing or DOing…or choosing between "getting things done" or "having fun"….it's about finding and using tools that work to blend it all together.
Prioritizing often doesn't work for creative people because it means choosing: we have a list of things we want to do, and we have to choose some items, and let the others go. In Wednesday's "Discover Wonder Woman's Greatest Superpower" class, I'm presenting an alternative method, where we portraitize rather than prioritize. We'll be exploring ways to blend our personal desires and core guiding principles as we uniquely design each day as our own work of art, creating both the structure AND the support to finally get things done!
If you'd like to join us, you can get all the fun details under the "News" section further down below. In the meantime, I invite you to "Go forth unto this waiting world" and BE all you are meant to be, as you DO all you are meant to do!
For those short on time, to simplify this week's Artellagram, here are some ”quick links” to the highlights in this edition. You can simply follow the links that you're interested in and go directly to that section.
1. Wednesday’s Free ARTbundance™ Teleclass…Finally Get Things Done! Join me and some very special guests this coming Wednesday, March 23, for "Discover Wonder Woman's Greatest Superpower: Lasso Love to FINALLY Get Things Done!", a playful and practical free teleworkshop in which you'll learn how to use art, creativity, and LOVE as powerful new tools to GET more things done!
This fun workshop is based on the ARTbundance™ view of life, where we seek to tap into the universal wellspring of creative wisdom to make powerful changes in our lives. We harness the power of creativity and actually use it as a life-transforming tool with real, practical results you can see!
In this very exciting free event, I'll be joined by some of Artella's ARTbundance™ Certification Training Alumni, as well as my super-special guest, Kathy Cano-Murillo, aka "The Crafty Chica"! Kathy is a savvy Web entrepreneur, the author of 7 craft how-to books and 2 new novels, the designer of her own art supply product line, and so much more…she's truly one of my very FAVORITE Wonder Women, ever!
It will be one great big party as we all share practical tools to easily and joyfully connect to the power of love and use it to discover NEW ways to organically manage your time, fuel your energy, and get things done!
"Discover Wonder Woman's Greatest Superpower: Lasso Love to FINALLY Get Things Done!" is a free teleclass to be held on Wednesday, March 23, at 9:00pm Eastern Time (8:00 Central, 7:00 Mountain, 6:00 Pacific), taking place via telephone conference line.
Sign up for this free class and you will…
And by the way, Wonder Men are welcome, too! :-) And if you can't attend the class live, you can sign up for the recording.
- Enjoy fun exercises to identify your core motivators and the most powerful (and perhaps most surprising) "loves" of your life.
- Engage in an innovative, hands-on art project that actually focuses these elements to help you portraitize rather than prioritize! Through the portraitizing process, you'll learn new skills to uniquely design each day as your own work of art, creating both the structure AND the support to finally get things done!
- Hear candid personal stories from me, Kathy, and ARTbundance™ Graduates, with our best Wonder Woman Tips for amazing ways to manage your time and fuel your energy using the power of LOVE!
- Receive a dynamic follow-up workbook including inspiring and effective ARTsignments™ that harness the ARTbundance™ Principles to uncover even more new sources and opportunities for using LOVE to get things done!
- For those also interested in hearing more about the Spring 2011 ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program, you are invited to stay for a fun gathering after the call, where you'll hear directly from actual ACT graduates, and get full details about applying for the 2011 ARTbundance™ Certification Training program
To join us for the free "Discover Wonder Woman's Greatest Superpower" teleclass on this Wednesday, March 23, sign up here!
2. NEW! Free ARTbundance™ Community Events Series! I'm thrilled to announce the VERY first series of ARTbundance™ Community Events! ! The ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program (ACT) has evolved and expanded over its first three sessions, and one of the most exciting additions has been a very valuable new component: all trainees are now given the option to train in being Certified ARTbundance™ Coaches, or Certified ARTbundance™ Practitioners, or both. It is just amazing to see how they are flourishing as they complete their training!
As part of their Certification requirements, our current group of training ARTbundance™ Practitioners will be presenting free teleclass events to the Artella Community! We have just posted the first five classes in this season's series, and we will be continuing to add more free events to this very inspiring line-up over the next several months!
To participate in the ARTbundance™ Community Events, you simply sign up to virtually attend (by phone) the events of your choice, and commit to attending and participating in the live teleclass event. Then, after each call, you fill out a follow-up questionnaire with feedback for the presenter. In addition to experiencing the free teleclass, you also receive a free bonus gift: an ARTbundantly overflowing package of unique and inspiring goodies!
You are invited to browse through the current listings and sign up for as many events as you like; please note that you must attend LIVE to participate, so please only sign up for the events that you can attend live (by phone).
See the descriptions of the current events and sign up here!
If you would like to receive an email notification when additional ARTbundance™ Community Presentations are scheduled, simply fill out this form.
Thank you for supporting our ACT Trainees as you are inspired by these great free events!
A new session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program (ACT) is starting April 18! Applications will be available very soon! If you would like to receive notification when applications are available, simply fill out the form on this page.
3. Get a Free ARTbundance™ Coaching Session! We're also once again accepting volunteer clients to work with our talented Coaches-in-training in the current group of trainees in Artella's ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program. ARTbundance™ Coaching Session! An ARTbundance™ Coach is a pioneering, unique hybrid of inspiring coach, creativity teacher, workshop leader, and spiritual guide. The Fall 2010 Trainees are near the completion of their certification training, and they are looking forward to working with volunteer clients in one-on-one coaching sessions!
To participate, you simply receive your free live one-on-one coaching in a 30-minute session, by phone, and fill out a follow-up feedback questionnaire following your session. In addition to the free ARTbundance™ session, you also receive a bonus gift of an ARTbundantly overflowing package of unique and inspiring goodies as our thanks! Since this opportunity has grown to be very popular, and we only have a limited number of coaches, we can only take signups on a first-come basis, at which point, like last time, we will start a waiting list. Those on the wait list however who do not get to work with a coach, will still get all the freebies outside of the coaching session, and will be contacted if a space opens up.
You can get all the exciting details and sign up for your complimentary session, here!
A new session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program (ACT) is starting April 18! Applications will be available very soon! If you would like to receive notifications when applications are available, simply fill out the form on this page.
4. Artella Member Ship Updates! This month's Luxury Goodies are set to go out next week, so if you've been thinking about becoming a Member, now is a great time to do because it means you can get February's Luxury Goodies IN ADDITION to those for March! With four different Luxury Cabins, you have some great options to choose from. I invite you to take a look at our recently-updated cabins and come aboard the Artella Member Ship Creativity Cruise! You can go here for more info.
4. Join the Affiliate Program! Join Artella's generous Affiliate Program and enjoy all the new affiliate tools that we've recently added! You can get more info, here.
5. Interested in Becoming Part of Artella's Team? We are expanding our team for all the exciting things we're working on in 2011, so if you're interested in becoming part of the Artella Team, check out this page for details.
For today's "In the Studio" Interview, I'm delighted to present an interview with Callie Carling, a trainee in the Fall 2010 ARTbundance™ Certification Training. Callie is such a burst of pure joy and she’s wrapping up her training and will soon be a Certified ARTbundance™ Coach and Practitioner.
Callie is one of the first presenters in our new series of ARTbundance™ Community Events, with a free teleclass called "Creative Business Synergy: sparkle and fizz in the wonderful world of social media". Get more info, here!
Enjoy getting to know Callie!
Artella: What led you to become a Certified ARTbundance™ Coach?
Callie: I first stumbled across Artella Land when someone encouraged me to visit the wonderful world of Artella for digital scrapbook artwork. I signed up for email alerts and then got stuck into browsing through Artella Land for hours, amazed at the treasures I found. For years I had been toying with the idea of training formally to become a coach but time and energy - and the right opportunity - had not yet presented itself to me. A-ha! As if by magic, along came an email from Artella advertising a free teleclass AND news of the Fall 2010 ACT (ARTbundance Certification Training) program. Yes! This was it - this was exactly what I had been looking for, a training program that presented a "unique hybrid of inspiring coach, creativity teacher, workshop leader and spiritual guide" which would draw on all of my skills and embrace all the aspects of my work that I loved. I had recently turned 40 years young and you know what they say - "life begins at 40"! Although I would never have referred to myself as "creative" or "artistic", I took time out to meditate and contemplate. I stated my intentions to the Universe and then practiced the art of Let Go, Let God - what will be, will be. Imagine my delight when I received notification that *yayyy* I was one of those selected for the Fall 2010 Alumni ACT program!
Artella: ARTbundance™ Coaching is based on nine ARTbundance™ Principles. Do you have a favorite Principle, or one that you really enjoy activating in other people? Which one, and why?
Callie: Action was the guiding Principle that led me to ARTbundance™ Coaching; Intuition led me to submitting my ACT application. I am really enjoying working with the Principle of Connection; I realized late last year that the source of my underlying unhappiness and feeling of being totally alone was a state of disconnection. A dose of Tender Loving Care and a genuine, loving connection with my wonderful ACT group and mentor saw me sparkle brightly, flashing with vibrant colors and ready to connect in the true sense of the word. I also really enjoy working with the Principle of Attraction, which is tied up with abundance and prosperity, a state of being which truly resonates with me. Practicing the Law of Attraction and manifestation drew my dream home to me in the most unlikeliest of circumstances, and so I am now up for attracting possibilities that are as of yet undreamed of!
You can read the rest of Callie's interview, here
A new session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program (ACT) is starting April 18! Applications will be available very soon. If you would like to receive notifications when applications are available, simply fill out the form on this page.
One way to ignite the power of balance and blending is to counteract negative thoughts with positive ones. This is especially important when it comes to thoughts about our personal prosperity: thoughts about what is possible, what we CAN do, what can happen, and what is limiting us.
It is said "a penny for your thoughts", but when it comes to prosperity, our thoughts are worth SO much more than a penny! In fact, our thoughts ARE our prosperity. If we walk around thinking, "I never get anything done", then more than likely, our outward results match this thinking. The good news is that even though there are some circumstances in life we may not to be able to control, we CAN control our thoughts.
Negative thoughts are a part of every day, to some degree. We don't live in a perfect world, and we aren't perfect people. But we can use our creativity to re-train our thoughts. One way to re-train your thoughts is to make a "thought talisman" – something that will help remind you of the direct relationship between your thoughts, your productivity, and your personal prosperity. These can be small little projects that you create quickly and then place in prominent locations so that you see them often, such as the "Prosperity Paperclip", designed by Tammy Hensley, shown above.
Here are some other ideas for coin-based Thought Talismen that you can create, simply using some spare pennies:
- Attach coins to magnets, and use on your refrigerator, file cabinets, etc.
- Attach coins to cuff-links, and fasten it to your outfit
- Attach coins on each side of a piece of felt for a bookmark
- Attach coins to drawer pulls, outlet covers, or switchplates
- Attach coins to ribbons and hang them outside for a "wealthy windchime" to attract prosperity
- Alter a clock, with coins where the numbers usually go
The project is excerpted from the Artella e-course, Make Change with Your Muse Mixed Media Art Projects to Attract Prosperity and Change in Your Life! You can get more information about this course, here.
This Quotz Crystal is a high-resolution jpeg image, suitable for printing. I invite you to print it out and hang it up to inspire some delicious action AND inspiration this week!
~Admiring's Superhero cape, Marney
Artella Founder, Mango Lover, Hula Dancer
Artella Land ~ the creative isles of words, art, and spirit
Artella 9090 Skillman #182A-116 Dallas TX 75243