Keep It Coming! To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Artellagram@artellawordsandart.com. If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery.
Note: If this message doesn't display in its delightfully colorful formatting, you can view it on the Web at www.artellawordsandart.com/ARTELLAGRAM-12-18-10.html.
A few days ago, I was in the car with my husband Tony, and my two-year old son, Kai. As toddlers are prone to do, Kai was in his car seat repeating the same made up words over and over, and so in an effort to get him to move on to another ‘tune' :-), Tony used the often-successful tactic of distracting him with a question completely off the subject; one that Kai wouldn't know the answer to, but that would quiet him for a few moments while he thought about it. So Tony asked him, "Kai, what's the meaning of life?" and I barely had time to chuckle to myself before Kai left us breathless when, after only a moment's pause, he said outright:
"Da meaning uv life is ..I love you. Dat's da meaning uv life. Uhhuh."
Tony and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes, incredulous. From the mouths of babes, for sure…
There's actually nothing else I can even write to possibly expand upon or further illuminate Kai's sweet words. He said more in that sentence than I ever could hope to say, here.
So, on behalf of everyone on the amazing Artella Team, I wish you a holiday season full of creativity, meaning, and most importantly, LOVE.
Keep reading for more of the fun things going on right now in Artella Land.
For those short on time, to simplify this week's Artellagram, here are some ”quick links” to the highlights in this edition. You can simply follow the links that you're interested in and go directly to that section.
1. NEW! Artella's Double-Dipped Holiday SuperSale! Wahoo, it comes once a year…our super Holiday sale! This year Artella's Double-Dipped Holiday SuperSale offers 40% off ALL Artella Products, plus a $15-$75 Artella eGift Card!
This is a great way to pick up all the Artella e-Courses, eBooks, and downloadable kits that you like at 40%, and then get an eGift Card to use next year! You can also use it for gifts for your creative friends, too! Dip into the delicious Double-Dipped SuperSale, here!
2. NEW! Free Teleclass with Marney! If your creative business or venture had a holiday wish list, what would it most want? If at the top of the list is a new, creative, heartfelt approach to marketing and promotion, then I invite you to a new free teleclass I'm presenting on Santauary 6, 2011. It's called MARK IT!: Creative Ways to “Make Your Mark” in 2011 with your Creative Business and it's a great way to start the new year off with a bang for your business, as I share my passionate, practical tools for creative, FUN marketing from the heart. It's free to sign up, and all participants ALSO receive a free "MARK IT" workbook.
Space is limited for this special free event, so I encourage you to reserve your spot if you are interested in joining us. If you are not able to attend live, you can also sign up to receive a recording as well. You can get more information and sign up for MARK IT, here!
3. Deadline for Artella's First Annual Mystery Mentor Project is December 22! Through next Wednesday, December 22, you can give and receive serendipitous bits of inspiration through email and snail mail, and help someone else believe in her dream! Sign up to be a Mystery Mentor, and become an anonymous set of "believing eyes" for someone's dreams for 2011, as you use your creativity to spread fun little messages of encouragement and affirmation….all the while receiving the same serendipitous support from someone else!
It's completely free to participate, and just a fun way to start the new year with positive, supportive energy. Sign-ups will be accepted through December, 22. Get all the details and sign up for this inspiring project, here!
4. Annual 55% Off Membership Sale …Plus a $25 eGift Card! Our famous annual 55% off Membership Sale is going on through December 31! You can now once again save over half off on Artella Membership! We've created some really fun options for the really special ones on your gift list, including you of course! You'll have your choice of a six-month or full-year Luxury Gift Membership to any one of Artella's Luxury Cabin Memberships, all of which have recently been renovated and updated with all-new monthly packages of amazing goodies!
Plus this year, we've added an extra bonus: when you order any membership at 55% off, you ALSO immediately receive an Artella eGift Card from $5 to $50!
This is also a great opportunity to get or upgrade your own Artella membership at 55% off as well. It's the best offer we ever make on membership so if you are a current monthly member and would like to save up to 55% on your membership during the coming 6 months or 1 year, this is by far the best promotion to take advantage of.
To take advantage of our annual 55% Off Special for Gift Memberships,simply go to this page to order your gifts. We'll take care of all the details, deliver the Gift Membership details to your friends in artsy, Artella style!
5. NEW! Applications for the ARTbundance MENTORing and INVENTORing Network are now available! On Santauary 18, we're starting a brand new, community based program for creative entrepreneurs called The New ARTbundance MENTORing and INVENTORing Network (M.A.I.N.). Applications for the Inaugural M.A.I.N. Program are now available, and will be accepted through January 10, 2010.
M.A.I.N. is a 12-week 12-week ARTbundance Business Building Extravaganza in which creative, enthusiastically ambitious professionals, or those who aspire to be such, will receive marketing and business mentoring from me and their colleagues as they progress through a passionately practical journey to build and promote their businesses in an inventive, step-by-step progression that is based on the ARTbundance Principles of Gratitude, Intuition, Balance, Vision, Attraction, Choice, Action, Connection, Service.
We are accepting applications to this program through Santauary 10, 2010. You can get full information and request your application, here .
6. Try the M.A.I.N. Kick-Off, First! If you're wondering if the full M.A.I.N. program might be right for you, you can get the complete set of teleclass recordings and guidebooks from the M.A.I.N. Kick-Off Event! This is a great way to finally get a jump ahead in preparation for the new year, and it's also a terrific way to get a taste, to help you decide if applying for the full M.A.I.N. experience in Santauary is the right step for you.
You can go to this link to see what participants have said about the M.A.I.N. Kick-Off and sign up to immediately download these inspiring materials to help you prepare for outstanding expansion in 2011!
7. Join the Affiliate Program! Join Artella's generous Affiliate Program and enjoy all the new affiliate tools that we’ve recently added. You can get more info by clicking here.
8. Interested in Becoming Part of Artella's Team? We are expanding our team for all the exciting things we're working on, so if you're interested in becoming part of the Artella Team, check out this page for details.
For today's "In the Studio" Interview, I'm delighted to present an interview with an extraordinary artist whose work is especially admired this time of year. Enjoy getting to know Mr. Santa Claus!
Artella: What does your studio look like?
Santa: Delegation is an important part of my work, so my workshop is largely designed to please the elves….happy music, low tables and chairs, ample storage space for pointy hats, and the like.
Artella: How would you describe your work?
Santa: My work falls in to the artistic genre of "benevolent eclecticism", with an emphasis on the playful and serendipitous.
Artella: Fascinating! What tips might you suggest for someone first experimenting in your art style? How might a complete newbie get started?
Santa: Simply look for opportunities to create and give for no reason. Artella's Mystery Mentor Project is a great place to start! Opportunities for giving and creating are everywhere for those willing to see them.
To see more of Santa and his work, just look around: you can find him in your local shopping mall, street corner, and in the hearts of young children everywhere.
Making handmade holiday greetings is one of my passions! Cutting, pasting, and decorating beautiful bits of paper is a wonderful way to slow down during the holiday season and feel gratitude for all the creative gifts in your life.
As your hands do their happy crafting dance, I believe that positive energy fills each and every envelope that you send on its merry way. Then, when each special person on your list opens that precious, all-too-rare snail-mail envelope, they receive a gift for their heart, as well as eyes.
I especially love to incorporate unusual objects in holiday cards. Here are a few ideas that might get you thinking about unique things to try, all excerpted from our eBook, Artella's Step-by-Step Vintage Holiday Crafts.
For this card design, I cut medical gauze pieces to make the "muffs" on the mittens:
This one features a cocktail parasol, flattened to be a festive accent:
For this one I used some spare buttons to build a snowman:
Have fun looking around your house and see what funky objects you might be able to re-use and incorporate into your holiday cards and greetings!
This Quotz Crystal is a high-resolution jpeg image, suitable for printing. Print it out and hang it up to remind you of the power of the amazing power of love in your life!
On behalf of the entire Artella Team, I want to wish you beautiful holidays full of creativity and meaning!
We'll see you in the new year!
~ Peeking into 's future and loving it,
Artella Founder, Mango Lover, Hula Dancer
Artella Land ~ the creative isles of words, art, and spirit
Artella 9090 Skillman #182A-116 Dallas TX 75243