Keep It Coming! To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Artellagram@artellawordsandart.com. If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery.
Note: If this message doesn't display in its delightfully colorful formatting, you can view it on the Web at www.artellawordsandart.com/ARTELLAGRAM-10-30--10.html.Happy Halloween! That's me as a little kid, dressed as a pumpkin! (I remember that costume was stuffed with plastic baggies and boy, did they itch…) Little Kai is all set up to be a "dinosaur-dragon". It's so fun watching him get so excited about dressing up!
In the ARTbundance™ approach to coaching and teaching, we use creative exercises called ARTsignments™ that use art and creativity as unique conduits for exploration. One of my personal favorite ARTsignments is called "Superhero Study", and in the spirit of "dressing up", I thought it would be a fun exercise to share with you today.
Here are the 4 steps for playing the "Superhero Study" Game:
- Think of a challenging area of your life – something that you're struggling with, or wondering about.
- Identify what you want to change about this situation.
- Imagine a Superhero that can help you with this situation. What can your Superhero do, that you can't do for yourself? For example, a Superhero could have a magic manicure, where criticism from others never fazes her, because it magically bounces off her nails.
I think the Superhero I'd most like to be for Halloween is "Gratitude Girl" – who has a special YES-ray Vision so she can see instantly the gratitude in ANY situation! Unfortunately, it's so easy to get bogged down in the challenges of life and forget how much there is to be grateful for. Even when we are passionate about cultivating gratitude, we're not superheroes; we are but human, and thus can all-too-easily get bogged down in the doings and details of the moment and forget what is most important.
- Create a piece of artwork to illustrate your new Superhero and what he/she/it can do for this situation. As you work on the artwork, think about how you can implement some of these "super powers" in your own life. (Continuing the example above, you could look at how you could develop your own "Magic Manicure" to help criticism magically bounce off?)
We can't be Superheroes (except maybe on Halloween, LOL) – but thinking about the Superheroes we crave can help us make the changes we need. When I think about Gratitude Girl, I'm reminded that it is my choice to look at any situation with dark and dreary Stress-Ray Vision, or colorful and snazzy YES-Ray Vision. The latter sounds like a perfect costume – and not just for Halloween. :-)
If you would like to experience more fun ARTsignments™, you can download your free copy of the fun ARTbundance™ in Action TeleParty that we held this past Thursday night. It also might help you decide if you might be interested yourself in applying for the Fall 2010 session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program(applications are accepted through November 5). More details below...
For those short on time, to simplify this week's Artellagram, here are some ”quick links” to the highlights in this edition. You can simply follow the links that you're interested in and go directly to that section.
1. NEW! Lots of ARTbundance™ Freebies! If you are considering applying for the Fall 2010 ARTbundance™ Certification Training Program, or if you'd just like to learn more about the ARTbundance™ Philosophy and ARTsignments, here is a whole bundle of fun freebies for you:
If you think you might be interested in applying for the Fall 2010 session of the ARTbundance™ Certification Training (ACT), note that applications are being accepted through next Friday, November 5, including those applying for a Lonnie D. Kliever Scholarship, through the fund I created in memory of my father. You can get full details about ACT and request an application at:
- NEW! Listen to Audio ACTimonials! The Audio ACTimonials are a consolidation of about two dozen ACT Graduates sharing their personal experiences with the program. The recording is approx 24 minutes...so you can feel free to dip in and listen to a little, or a lot! :-) Listen to your recording, here!
- NEW! Download your free copy of The ACT in Action TeleParty! - This past Thursday, several graduates of the ARTbundance™ Certification Program brilliantly demonstrated how the ARTbundance™ Philosophy can be applied to coaching, teaching, and public speaking, and their presentations were wonderful! Download the ACT in Action TeleParty to experience some great interactive activities and presentations, and you'll also get workbook with more fun ways to apply ARTbundance™ Principles in your own life, or with your own clients and students. Download your copy, here!
- Download your free copy of "The Awe of Attraction" – Over 1,000 people signed up for this teleclass held earlier this month. You can download your own copy and workbook, and see how the ARTbundance™ Principles can be used to anchor a subtle, but powerful, shift on the traditional "Law of Attraction". Download your copy, here!
2. NEW! Artella Member Ship Upgrades Complete! Thanks to feedback from our recent Member surveys, we've completely renovated the Artella Member Ship, upgrading all of our Memberships with new features and goodies to make cruising with Artella even more inspiring! I'd like to extend my heartfelt appreciation to all of our loyal Members for your patience, encouragement, and enthusiasm – we're already hearing great feedback about the new upgrades!
If you're not currently a Member, you can read about all the new goodies in the Luxury Cabins, here! If one of our cabins is calling out to you – it's easy to sign up, and you'll get a "Welcome Basket" of free goodies and coupons, too! Come sail with us!
3. What's new in the Artella Store? Just this week, we've added a new downloadable kit to the Artella store – "Artsy Anatomy".
You also might be interested in becoming a Studio Member, to receive a downloadable collage kit each and every month (this month: "Map Majesty'!) You can explore all the Luxury Cabins aboard the Member Ship, here.
4. Join the Affiliate Program! Join Artella's generous Affiliate Program and enjoy all the new affiliate tools that you can use to promote the ARTbundance™ Certification Program, and receive $75 commissions for your referrals! Get more info and sign up here!
5. Interested in Becoming Part of Artella's Team? We are expanding our team for all the exciting things we're working on for this fall, so if you're interested in becoming part of the Artella Team, check out this page for details.
Since I wrote about "superheroes" in today's article, I thought that the perfect ARTbundance™ Coach to profile in today's "In the Studio" Interview would be Karen Karsten.
Karen IS a superwoman, who lives her life with a red cape of adventure, running two companies that help others live their best, prosperous lives. Enjoy getting to know Karen!
Artella: What led you to become a Certified ARTbundance™ Coach?
Karen: I was already a coach, certified by an excellent coaching school, but I felt something was missing. I happened to take a couple of teleclasses from Artella with Marney - including From Here to ARTernity and Make Change with Your Muse —and they were not only fun, the process began to widen my vision about creativity and what an artist actually is. We paint the picture of our lives with the tools we tend to be good at. Letting go of that mindset and trying things we are not good at, using colors we don’t like and just playing brings fun and ease into your life picture. When Marney announced the first ARTbundance™ coaching program I just knew that it was the missing part of coaching that I was looking for.
Artella: How is prosperity related to creativity and spirituality?
Karen: Creativity through spirituality is where prosperity comes from. Prosperity isn’t about money—it’s about abundance in all areas of your life, health, wealth, spirituality, creativity. I think it all starts with gratitude—acknowledging the prosperity that is already in your life. It’s important to recognize prosperity when you see it. Taking some time every day to really see what you have is a blessing time. I also feel gratitude for what I am able to give others on both spiritual and material planes. Gratitude is the river of life—all things flow from it.
You can read the rest of Karen's interview, here
We are accepting applications for the Fall 2010 ARTbundance™ Certification Program through November 5, 2010. You can get full details and request an application, here.
Here's a painting of my "Gratitude Girl" Superhero! Things might be a little "hot" for her (what with the sun and the volcano and all, LOL) – but her YES-Ray vision helps her stay cool as she zooms right in all the amazing things for which she is grateful.
To create your own "Gratitude Girl", try this:
- Start by drawing or painting a shape that symbolizes your life, or a challenging situation you are in.
- Then fill that shape with doodles of things that represent the blessings in your life – the things for which you truly feel grateful.
- Continue to embellish your piece by expanding the environment around your focal shape. What else can Gratitude Girl see, that you're not immediately seeing?
- If you like, you can even add your own version of "Gratitude Girl" to the landscape. You might even want to add yourself in the view, as well!
- When you're done, write down any insights that you've gained from getting to know Gratitude Girl and her YES-Ray Vision. Especially make note of any ideas that come to mind that will help you remember to activate your YES-Ray Vision more regularly.
You could, of course, alter these steps to artistically explore any "Superhero" that you'd like to activate in your life.
If you think you might be interested in using ARTsignments™ and the ARTbundance™ Philosophy in a variety of professional endeavors (including, but not limited to, coaching, teaching workshops, public speaking, writing, and creating online learning Web sites) – you might want to take a look at the Fall 2010 ARTbundance™ Certification Training program (ACT). We are accepting applications through November 5, and you can get full details, here.
This Quotz Crystal is a high-resolution jpeg image, suitable for printing. Print it out and hang it up to remind you of the power of seeing the world with YES-ray vision!
~Loving 's every-day costume,
Artella Founder, Mango Lover, Hula Dancer
Artella Land ~ the creative isles of words, art, and spirit
Artella 9090 Skillman #182A-116 Dallas TX 75243