|Back to Back Issues Page|
Articulation 4/9/04...Contest Results!
April 09, 2004
Thanks to all those who have written to inquire about the missing Articulation this week. While I aim to get Articulation out on Tuesday(ish) each week, this week I was back in oral surgery, and we've also been working hard to compile the great deal of news to report. So, this week's issue ended up taking longer than expected. Thank you for your patience with me as I get caught up from these tough two months!
I continue to be amazed by all the lessons that can be learned when life throws challenges our way, and those lessons that come to us both physically and metaphorically in the body are no exception. Much of what I've been learning lately is summed up in this week's Articulation, Life Lesson.
Here's the link to view Life Lesson.
If the above link doesn't work, you can copy this link and paste it into your browser:http://www.artellawordsandart.com/artic67.html
***Stay tuned for a BRAND NEW LOOK and FEEL for Articulation to be unveiled in the coming weeks. You asked for some changes, and we're making them!
1. The Top 10 Artella Spreads Her Wings Finalists Are Here! Thanks to all who submitted ideas in the "Artella Spreads Her Wings" project. Now it's up to all of you to rate them! The people behind the three most popular ideas will win great gifts from Artella, and best of all, we have decided to to give EVERYONE a gift of your own, just for submitting your opinion!
That's right, everyone who judges the entries (it takes less than a minute) will receive a complimentary 1-month Artella membership, complete with all the benefits including: 20-35% ALL Artella e-courses, 10% off all Artella subscriptions and renewals, monthly members-only workshops, weekly members-only audio lectures, a weekly inspirational poem-painting, access to great articles and games in the members-only reading room, and much more!
To judge the entries, please select the most appropriate link from the list below. AFTER completing the survey, send an email to WingsSurvey@artellawordsandart.com, simply stating that you completed the judging process. We'll send you information to start your complimentary 1-month membership within 24 hours.
Please read the options below and select the link that most accurately describes your involvement with Artella:
2.Free Weekly Poetry Contest Winners Announced! Our first Weekly Poetry Contest was a smash! Thanks to all who submitted! Our four top winners for this week were:
The Free Weekly Poetry Contests have a weekly deadline of every Friday at midnight. You can still enter for this week! (See the Prize Van page for details!)
Please note that the deadline for the "Poetic Idol" Monthly contest, which awards up to $150, has been moved to the last Thursday of each month. Visit the above link for details.
3. Download your free eBook! Our new eBook, Artella Mae's Altered Ancestors: 50 Techniques for Using Vintage Photos in Art is taking the art scene by storm, thanks to everyone who is spreading the word! This 57-page eBook is a gift to anyone who signs up or currently receives Articulation. Just go to www.artellawordsandart.com/AlteredAncestorsBook.html and follow the directions to get your copy. (IMPORTANT: Current Articulation subscribers need only fill out the BOTTOM box and then click "Get the eBook" to proceed to download it.)
Please help us spread the word by sending the above link to anyone you know who would enjoy this gift, compliments of Artella! We hope it will inspire many people to see both art and personal heritage in brand new ways!
4. Spring Wings Specials! We have great specials running on e-courses, subscriptions, single issue orders, and lots of handmade products in The Shoppes of Artella. See the specials by simply going to our home page, and then clicking the sunflower!
Of special note are the discounts for the upcoming sessions of our popular, life-changing e-courses, "Goalar Energy" (starts this Monday the 12th) and "Create Your Own YOUniversity (starts Monday April 19th). For information about both courses, go to www.artellawordsandart.com/workshops.html.
5. It's all elemental! The release of Artella issue 6, "The Elements: Ancient to Infinite", has been delayed, due to all of the "Life Lessons" (see above) that I've been juggling the past two months. Between these unexpected events, and my long-planned trip to Dallas next week, we're aiming to get this issue in your hands at the very beginning of May. A little later than we wanted, but we hope more than well worth the wait. Thanks so much for your patience and loyalty!
In the meantime, please do enjoy the free Artella Mae's Altered Ancestors eBook (see #3, above) to satisfy your Artella appetite!
Our Artist of the Week is Donna Cartagena! Donna's fabulously fun and funky style shines in her collection of artsy jewelry, accessories, and artwork. Great styles at great prices...be sure to check out her current sales!
For all the other awesome sales in the shoppes, visit http://www.artellawordsandart.com/specials.html!
1. Eliza Badurina, a friend and fellow art 'zine publisher, has a special going right now. If you subscribe or renew your sub to IQ Zine, you get a free MUSE*ology e-course. When you subscribe (follow the links on her Web site), be sure to put APRIL BONUS in the comments section to take advantage of the offer!
2. Jennifer Louden (ComfortQueen.com) and Suzanne Falter-Barns (HowMuchJoy.com) are hosting the Soul of a Writer Sweepstakes, until May 1, offering tons and tons of valuable inspirational goods! Anyone can enter, and all the info here! Jennifer and Suzanne also are offering a complimentary sampler teleclass on Nurturing Tips for Writers on Wednesday, April 21 from 8-9PM Eastern that's open to anyone. Registration and details are here!. From my own personal experience in working with them, there's NOTHING that these two inspirational women offer that isn't of the highest quality...but put the two of them together and you just might feel the earth move!
3. I've been a fan of artist Sarah Fishburn's for a long time, admiring her work in various magazines and zines, but I only recently discovered her Web site. In addition to showcasing her glorious artwork, there is lots of information about swaps, collaborative projects, interesting links, and more. Check it out!
Thanks for all your support in this fun words-n-art world!
~in sunny surrender,
Keep It Coming!To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Articulation@ArtellaWordsAndArt.com.
If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery.
|Back to Back Issues Page|