|Back to Back Issues Page|
Articulation newsletter, 3-16-04
March 16, 2004
I woke up very early this morning, before sunrise, which is quite atypical for me. I had no idea WHY was I was so wide awake in my bed, until I went to settle in my office and witnessed a fantastic sunrise. On some level, I must have known it was waiting for me.
At one point, the entire sky and everything reflecting it was so red, it felt as if I was on another planet. Meteorologically speaking, it was probably the foreshadowing of our big snowstorm that hit this afternoon, but it sure felt like it was there just for me. It was a glorious moment, speckled with the saturated sensation of unity with all Creation.
I captured a smidgen of the essence in some digital photos, and this week's Articulation, Painting Life, is one of them. I hope you enjoy it.
To view Painting Life, click here!
This week's Come-Unity Invitation comes via Barbara Miller, via Linda Kerby, via Sandi Hallket of Back Door to the Moon in Winslow, Maine.
On the first day of Spring, March 20, Hallket is hosting a Women's Tea Ceremony to celebrate the Spring Equinox, inviting people to join in from every location by simply drinking a cup of tea at 4:00pm EST. She says, "It will be a powerful gathering on a most gentle level. It will be a time to reflect on what it means to be a woman now, and on where we are taking our collective spirit in the 21st century. It will be a confirmation of that which we, as women, have always known that the skills as keepers of homes and nurturers of children are the skills which will ultimately bring a sense of love, caring and PEACE to the world. Women's priorities are global priorities. By drinking tea together, I believe we may, indeed, solve some of the greatest problems in the world."
I extend her invitation to the 7,000+ men and women on this mailing list...won't you participate in this week's Come-Unity Invitation with me? Simply take a moment for reflection over a cup of tea on March 20 (this Saturday). I'll clink virtual teacups with you and we'll drink to peace and human kindness.
Click here to view the Come-Unity Invitation archives on our Communities page.
The Shoppes' Corner!
This week, our featured artist is Deb Silva, Artella's much-beloved Administrative Assistant! In addition to catching all the balls I keep throwing her way :-), Deb also does astonishing things with fabric and paper, making enchantingly off-beat art quilts and collaged books, jewelry, and accessories.
This past Sunday was Deb's birthday, and she spent it making some new products for the Shoppes! Be sure to visit her home page to see her latest Composition Book and her brand new Bag Tags and Journey Jewelry!
To celebrate Deb's birthday, I have a special offer for YOU! If you buy ANY product(s) of Deb's between now and Sunday, you can take your pick of a special "party-favor" from me: either free enrollment in the "Accounting Your Blessings" e-course, or two free issues of e-Artella (Click here to see the Table of Contents for each issue.)
That's right! Just order a Deb Silva original by Sunday, and pick the gifty of your choice. Happy Birthday, Deb! I adore you!
Just one more Shoppes tidbit to share. I was floored to see Mary Wiseman's Chinese Takeout Journal in a Box up close and personal, and it rendered me speechless. This is truly the most unique journal I've ever seen, and I'm deeply honored that Mary created it just for us at The Shoppes of Artella and ships it all the way from Beijing. It delighted me beyond words, and I hope you'll check it out!
And don't forget to take a joyful stroll to see our newly renovated village at www.ArtellaWordsAndArt.com/shoppes.html!
1. Artella 6 released soon! Slightly dented but not defeated by two weeks of dental and oral surgery complications, I am feeling much better, and am finishing up the layout of Artella 6, The Elements: Ancient to Infinite. Within a day or two, I'll be blowing kisses to it as it goes off to the printer. It is full of amazing art and writing by 44 amazing contributors...and man, is this issue ever rich. Order your copy today!
2. Theatre & Cinema submission deadline extended! The submission deadline for Artella 7 ("Theatre & Cinema") has been extended to April 5. For submission information and guidelines, visit www.ArtellaWordsAndArt.com/submit.html.
3. Next session of YOU * U filling out! Artella's newest e-course, "Create Your Own YOUniversity" (aka YOU * U) was so popular that we added a new session, which begins April 19. This 4-month e-course teaches you EVERYTHING you need to know to develop, write, facilitate, and market your own e-courses, eBooks, and virtual workshops.
Here's what current participant Karen Kuklinski has said after the first 3 weeks of the course:
"How does Marney design and deliver the perfect course at the perfect time? YOU * U is fantastic. It is set up so that you get your lessons each Monday -- and then you self-pace completing the lessons with the support of Marney and everyone else in the class. How do you eat an elephant -- or develop your own teleclass? One Marney Week at a time! And, as always Marney has included all sorts of extras...there are the daily YOU NiqueNotes that are inspiring and relevant. There are the group calls, the one-on-calls, the one-on-one e-mails, the Yahoo group e-mails. She is so totally available and tuned in to what will help you succeed. I highly recommend this course!"
YOU * U is limited to 14 participants, and quickly filling up. Enroll by April 1st and save $100.00! Click here for more information.
4. Next month's free teleworkshop scheduled! If you missed last week's free teleworkshop, ExerSIGHS: A Self-Esteem Workout for Writers and Artists, I'm bringing it back for an encore on April 13. Click here for more information.
1. Here's a link that's a lot of fun! Mr. Picassohead allows you to create your own virtual painting, or view a massive gallery of all kinds of Mr. Picassohead creations.
2. Ken Foster, my friend and author of the amazing book, Ask and You Will Succeed, is offering a bushel of mega-bonuses for his book's special Amazon day tomorrow. If you a buy a copy -- just one copy -- of his book on amazon tomorrow, you'll receive his package of mega gift bonuses worth over $9,000. That's not a typo, I'm serious! The list of gifts is honestly quite staggering, and I'm proud that Artella is one of his sponsors. So first thing tomorrow morning, check your email for my special announcement with all the details. An Artful Link, indeed!
Wishing you a majestic reason to get out of bed...
~from the night of the living red,
Keep It Coming!To ensure delivery of this newsletter, take a minute now and create a contact in your email address book for Articulation@ArtellaWordsAndArt.com.
If you don't, your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may block delivery. If you'd like more information about ensuring delivery, you can request our instructions for ensuring delivery to hotmail, aol, and yahoo ISPs by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Back to Back Issues Page|